Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 Dec-05-09 5:35PM

Charlie NHBA
Northern Snakehead
Website

Lake Manassas Meeting!! * * * URGENT * * *

I sent an e-mail to club members and guests on Friday morning about a special work session of the Manassas City Council on Monday, December 7th at 5:30 p.m.

The meeting place has been moved from City Hall to a conference room in the Public Works Building, 8500 Public Works Drive, Manassas, Va. 20110.  I am planning to attend this meeting and would like to see as many anglers there as possible. A number of people have been working long and hard to get to this point and it is up to us who will ultimately benefit, to show up and present our case. If not by actual speaking, then by showing interest by being there. Anyone wishing to accompany me may secure a seat by contacting me by 2 p.m. on Monday.

Some of us have sent e-mails to the City Council announcing our support for the reopening of this dynamic fishing lake. If you have not done so, please do so before Monday afternoon. The address for your e-mail is: cityclerk@ci.manassas.va.us  An e-mail to this address will be given to the Mayor, City Council Chairman and all Councilmen/Councilwomen. If you value good fishing waters as much as I do, please make this effort as soon as possible.

According to the posted documents, the City of Manassas is considering reopening the lake in conjunction with the Virginia Department of Game and Inland Fisheries. The city will provide the land which has been donated. VDGIF will build a ramp on the property and will stock and maintain adequate fish biomass, as well as enforce fishing and boating regulations on the lake. The lake will be limited, as before, to electric motors only. The city may or may not, decide to have a concessionaire set up on site and charge a fee for launching. These items are the reason for the work session.

Keep in mind that this is not the final meeting, but a first step in a long, drawn out process. We, as anglers, must keep this decision in front of the Council as much as possible during the next few months.

Hope to see all of you at the meeting place on Monday.

Charlie NHBA.........

#2 Dec-06-09 7:11AM

bigjeffie
Patagonian Toothfish

Re: Lake Manassas Meeting!! * * * URGENT * * *

fellas, take a second a fire off an email in support of this effort ( if u havnt already )

i did, quick and easy

Board footer