Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 Nov-21-09 4:16PM

T.
Patagonian Toothfish

Beaverdam Reservoir 11/20

Got out of work early and while getting some nightcrawlers at Walmart I decided to pick up a new cheap rod as well.  The rod caught me fish.  I put in at about 2:30 and headed to the area of the bridge.  Plenty of fish on the scope so I dropped a nightcrawler down about 10ft in 20-25ft of water.  It was pretty windy and a lot of effort to try to stay in that area.  But I did catch an average size bluegill.  I had enough of the wind and headed to the cover on the western side to get out of the wind.  There were a few fish jumping but nothing biting.  Not much on the scope either.  As the sun set the winds died down and I headed back to the east side to try there until it finally got too dark.  I had been using a beetle spin most of the day and a deep diving Laserlure crankbait in the deep water.   

Time to try something different, the old fire tiger crankbait.  I started working 360 degrees around me and then as I was calling it a day, back towards the dock so I could use the reeling in to pull the kayak that way.  That's when it hit.  A 1 - 1.5lb LMB.  Same lure and general area where I caught the crappie a while back.  I tried taking some pics with my old 35mm.  Don't know if the pics will come out.

#2 Nov-22-09 5:05AM

bigjeffie
Patagonian Toothfish

Re: Beaverdam Reservoir 11/20

any sign of the game warden down there?

#3 Nov-22-09 3:55PM

T.
Patagonian Toothfish

bigjeffie wrote:

any sign of the game warden down there?

Never seen one.  Though the Sheriff's community workforce was there cleaning up trash when I showed up.

I was back out there this morning for a few hours.  The wind sucked as usual but I did catch a 1lb LMB with the crankbait again.  It was hanging out among rocks submerged in 2-3ft of water.

#4 Nov-22-09 7:27PM

bigjeffie
Patagonian Toothfish

sounds like i need to visit again

there are some good fish in there

#5 Nov-22-09 7:33PM

Dominion Dan
Patagonian Toothfish

2-3ft of water.

Chances are you'll find more if you go deeper than that.

B'Dam is the ONLY place in VA I have ever seen a game warden.

#6 Nov-29-09 3:47PM

T.
Patagonian Toothfish

Back again this afternoon.  This time I decided to bring along my Nikon D40, putting it in a plastic container just in case.  Tried some out in the middle while the wind was blowing me north.  Had enough of that before too long since I couldn't easily stay around the bridge and I worked my way over to my good spot.  I used my proven fire tiger crankbait and it didn't take too long.  It got slammed by this fat 3.3lb smallmouth.  My largest bass of any kind.

http://www.fileupyours.com/files/274681/BD1.JPG

http://www.fileupyours.com/files/274681/BD2.JPG

http://www.fileupyours.com/files/274681/BD3.JPG

Edit=updated photo links and weight correction.  It was 1.5kg! Not lbs, so 3.3lbs.

Last edited by T. (Mar-06-10 6:26PM)

#7 Nov-29-09 4:04PM

bigjeffie
Patagonian Toothfish

very  nice smallie

Board footer