Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 Sep-22-08 5:47PM

AndrewDo124
Patagonian Toothfish

9-20 Failed attempt at catchin snakeheads at Quantico

Fished Chipa(something) creek at Quantico with a few buddies (Simonsays, Dominion Dan, and Jeremy) on our Hobies last Saturday. We got out there at 630AM and were pumped up to catch some snakeheads. We set off downstream first and fished some shallow areas with nice cover throwing buzzbaits, pop-r's, and topwater plastics with very little action.  I did get a good hit on my rage toad but after a very short fight (maybe 1 sec) my fluoro leader snapped and it was gone. We'll never know what it was but that ended our downstream float. We then worked out way up stream and worked some cover. Simonsays hooked up with a keeper skippin a senko under an overhang and the rest of us still had nothing sad.

We worked the thick lily/lotus pads around 9 and had a few more bites with nothing really worth mentioning.  Black with blue baits (jigs, worms, or tubes) produced in the beginning but toward the end of the day we had more luck on white/green soft plastics.  Dominion Dan got the biggest of the day at around 4lbs. off a trick worm.

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b181/andrewdo124/IMAGE_044.jpg

I spent a lot of time just trying to figure out what to throw. The lotus plants made it real difficult to work any lures.  I'll probably give this place another shot once the lotus' die off.

#2 Sep-22-08 6:09PM

redskinsfan360
Patagonian Toothfish

Re: 9-20 Failed attempt at catchin snakeheads at Quantico

NICE FISH!!!

#3 Sep-22-08 6:27PM

Ernie
Administrator

Good work Andrew!!  cool You guys are blazing new trails....most people don't get to where you were fishing. Nice adventure and nice fish for DD (worth his drive from school)

Ernie

Time to go fishin' again!

#4 Sep-22-08 11:12PM

Bob B
Northern Snakehead

Nice report.

Go Fish!

Board footer