Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 Jul-18-22 1:36PM

Ernie
Administrator

7-18-22, UP

All day long yesterday, Bob and I went back and forth. Should we go today or not.

The wind forecasts were all over the place. And the T-storms were predicted to come at 4p, then 1p, then 7p, then 4p...it just kept changing.

So...I told Bob that we were going and would stay relatively close by.

We were on the water by 6:45a and fishing shortly thereafter. It was dead. Hardly any ripples. We bot started with top water and I quickly changed to the Coppertreuse.

Bob was throwing his new WP 75 (I think). No hits and then he gets slurped. A great battle ensued and this fatso 17"er comes into the net!

https://i.imgur.com/ujbNfnU.jpg

This fish looked and fought way bigger than 17". He was huge!

We fished some more....I got zero hits on top or bottom. But Bob gets slurped again and this 18.25"er comes to the net!

https://i.imgur.com/zD1p4jT.jpg

As Bob was fighting it, I mentioned that it looked around 16". It just was not as big as the other one. But it was longer, just skinnier. Still...a great fish on top water.

Bob then caught a couple of dinks (in the same general area) for  total of 4 here.

https://i.imgur.com/yH0gACd.jpg

We fished a good looking shoreline with some water depth on it but got no sniffs so we moved up river a bit and fished the middle. I may have gotten a sniff or 2.

The wind was not a factor except a couple of times when it annoyed up. It never sustained which was good. But, it made boat handling a PIA.

We then moved to another favorite hole and we both had fish on that got unbuttoned. One of mine actually took a jump where I could see it was a dink. He still spit the hook.

Bob said he was hungry and bought out some ham sammies. He asked if i wanted one. I hesitated at 1st but it's hard to turn down a ham sammie. It was good! plus, it allowed me to fish a little longer (still keeping an eye on the radar).

The storms were staring to approach Winchester so we made one more move where Bob threw the clown jerk. He caught a couple of small ones and then it was dead again.

What I noticed, or didn't see, were any minnows getting chased. As a mater of fact, a couple of times, the minners were chasing my bait. Bob said, "no way that would happen if there were bass around". I don't know where the fish went but they were hiding from us.

Still, it was great to see Bob catch two quality fish on Top.

Oh...it got really hot and muggy towards the end. And we had to wait at the ramp before I could drop Bob off as some guys were struggling to launch their jets skis due to the shallow water.

I hope this rain we are getting bumps the river up a bit...it was really skinny in some of the areas we went to.

Time to go fishin' again!

#2 Jul-18-22 5:32PM

drxfish
Patagonian Toothfish

Re: 7-18-22, UP

Congrats to Bob!  Water is too skinny for me now.  I hope we get some water from upstream.  To catch quality fish in those conditions is a plus.

Always wishin' I was fishin'

#3 Jul-19-22 4:22AM

backtofuturetoyota
Patagonian Toothfish

Nice looking fish Bob!  That's a good day with a ham sammy! This humidity has been tough.

#4 Jul-19-22 5:22AM

Ernie
Administrator

drxfish wrote:

Water is too skinny for me now.

It's over 2'...but dropping quickly.

Time to go fishin' again!

#5 Jul-19-22 6:50AM

drxfish
Patagonian Toothfish

Saw that.  Today would have been the day.  I will likely not get out on the river this week.  Hope we get some rain for next.  Plus 95 degrees plus...

Always wishin' I was fishin'

Board footer