Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 Sep-11-08 3:20AM

Carl
Northern Snakehead

9-10-08 Patuxent River ( Solomons Island )

My new fishing student Dr. Mo Komaily, his father Nasser, and I launched at about 5:30 AM. Since we were about an hour before sunrise we went slowly up river trying to see where the coves and creek mouths formed. By first light we were at the first large creek so we began our quest for those tasty white perch. Just like last week, it was hit and miss. We are still exploring. We caught one very small croaker, one very small trout, one really small rockfish, many small bluefish,  and many white perch. Unlike last week we were fishing the incoming tide. After all these years, I'm still not sure which tide is best. The only sure thing is dead high or dead low is no good! We left at 1:00 so the good doctor could tend to his patients. It's probably good that I never chose to work a real job because fishing would take priority over work. I believe I have a good student in Dr. Mo so the next step is to introduce him to some of the other species that we pursue. The final tally was ninety-six white perch and small bluefish.

#2 Sep-11-08 6:29AM

Ernie
Administrator

Re: 9-10-08 Patuxent River ( Solomons Island )

Are the perch a nice "class"?

I will be down there on Saturday but traveling by boat from Deale....let's hope it's a smooth ride!

Ernie

Time to go fishin' again!

#3 Sep-12-08 3:17AM

Carl
Northern Snakehead

Ernie, There were many six to eight inch fish . At days end I cleaned about twenty fish eight to nine inches. There are a lot of hand size bluefish that tear up your grubs and throw up menhadden in your boat. I want to know where to go to catch some eating size rockfish.

#4 Sep-12-08 4:34AM

Ernie
Administrator

To catch bigger rock, blues and croaker you need to turn left instead of right from the ramp. But that is much bigger water! Cedar Rips, at the south end of the mouth of the Pax, holds lots of big fish when the current is moving. When Curly and I fished that spot, it was rough and the tide was not running.

Ernie

Time to go fishin' again!

Board footer