Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 Aug-10-20 2:40PM

Ernie
Administrator

8-10-20, Severn River

I picked up George at 6:15a and by 8a, we were fishing.

I decided to start on the bay side of Greenbury Point (Radar Towers) and we caught quite a few on that stretch. But no monsters.

https://i.imgur.com/cBfYYtY.jpg

Then as we passed the SE point, George hooks up and declares that he has a nice fish but it was not a striper or WP.

Nope...it was a beautiful red fish!

https://i.imgur.com/GIWNJVl.jpg

We worked the inside wall and it was insane fishing!

Another boat came in and they wanted to fish so we chatted with them and found out we knew some of the same folks. We moved a bit so he could fish the area as he did not have a trolling motor on his Jones Brothers CC...a beautiful boat!

At one point, I called Capt. John Page Williams, otherwise known as the Admiral of the Severn River. John always appreciates my calls since we are like minded about white perch fishing. He gave me a few tips and I told him his buddy Jim was right behind us trying to catch a few. It was like old home week!

While I talked to John, for 15 minutes or so, George proceeded to catch a fish almost every cast. I kept complaining that it was not fair since I was on the phone and he just giggled and kept catching! What a show!

Here, we caught some 10"+ perch...

https://i.imgur.com/o4gLNwm.jpg

I didn't want to get lulled into staying here and catching fish on every other cast so I left fish to find some more.

So to Martin's Pond I went. Note: Both Jim and John suggested I go there but that was in my plans already.

At the pond, we started catching fish immediately and they were much better quality. One hemlock tree gave up a bunch until we got hung up and disturbed the water. Lots of 10"ers here.

We had a dozen or more doubles...

https://i.imgur.com/9uT1mAW.jpg

And we also caught a few feisty shrimps!

https://i.imgur.com/kbyPdBU.jpg

It stated to get warm around noon so we went to the shade and had lunch. George made some incredible sammies and had a side of seasoned lettuce, tomatoes and avocado. And...we got a pic!

https://i.imgur.com/CztXX7z.jpg

I like it when George comes on my boat!

The wind started to pick up a bit, not a big deal but it was against the current so we decided to head back and hit a few spots in the creek. After fighting the chop in, we both decided that we had caught enough fish. We didn't count but I can guarantee way more than 100!

Fun day!

Time to go fishin' again!

#2 Aug-10-20 4:49PM

drxfish
Patagonian Toothfish

Re: 8-10-20, Severn River

Great job guys!  Looks like a blast!

Always wishin' I was fishin'

#3 Aug-11-20 4:27AM

backtofuturetoyota
Patagonian Toothfish

that's an epic day!!  Thanks for the awesome report.  Some of us are still tied down to a desk, so it's great to live vicariously through you guys!

#4 Aug-11-20 4:46AM

hookup
Patagonian Toothfish

Best white perch fishing trip ever.  We were both giggling like little kids.

Thank you Capt Ernie!  The trip was just what the Dr ordered

Was nice to be on salt again.  Boating was light most of the day so the place was mostly ours.  On the trip back, there must have been 100 sailboats in the water.  Bikini hatch was on!

#5 Aug-11-20 6:48AM

firemunkee
Patagonian Toothfish

backtofuturetoyota wrote:

Some of us are still tied down to a desk, so it's great to live vicariously through you guys!

This!

Together we'll fight the long defeat.

#6 Aug-11-20 10:39AM

bassman
Northern Snakehead

hookup wrote:

Best white perch fishing trip ever.  We were both giggling like little kids.

Thank you Capt Ernie!  The trip was just what the Dr ordered

Was nice to be on salt again.  Boating was light most of the day so the place was mostly ours.  On the trip back, there must have been 100 sailboats in the water.  Bikini hatch was on!

Forget the fish . . . where are those pictures???

#7 Aug-11-20 11:43AM

Ernie
Administrator

And I forgot about this...as told by George: "Funny story, when we pulled the boat out I was in a vehicle I wasn't familiar with. Couldn't find the parking brake to release it. Buddy was yelling at me from the boat and an old guy who was fishing from the shore walked up and pointed at it through the other window. It almost bit me but I was stuck at looking under the steering wheel. Pulled off my hat, pointed at my hair and said "I have an excuse". We both had a belly laugh and afterwards he came over and chatted with us. Very nice guy and was happy to have a laugh for the day."

#8 Aug-11-20 12:46PM

Ernie
Administrator

bassman wrote:

The bikini hatch was weak at best....

#9 Aug-11-20 2:09PM

hookup
Patagonian Toothfish

bassman wrote:

I'm not serving jail time ....

#10 Aug-12-20 7:12AM

backtofuturetoyota
Patagonian Toothfish

hookup wrote:

bassman wrote:

I'm not serving jail time ....

Need to say nothing more! lol.  I personally blame the eyesight! hahaha

Board footer