Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 Sep-07-19 6:02PM

Ernie
Administrator

Who knows anything about Graphene blanks?

Other than they ain't cheap.

Time to go fishin' again!

#2 Sep-08-19 6:18AM

hookup
Patagonian Toothfish

Re: Who knows anything about Graphene blanks?

Long story short, that's what happens when you turn a rod blank building project over to a NASA engineer

imho, great product, 300 times stronger than steel, sheets are an atom thick, so you need allot to make a rod, claims to be 300 times stronger than steel and flexes only not he cast. Found a small market for fly rods, but imho, to pricey

The blends are reasonably priced, but you want one with all graphene, they cost over a grand

Last edited by hookup (Sep-08-19 6:18AM)

#3 Sep-08-19 6:20AM

hookup
Patagonian Toothfish

https://g-rods.com

If you absolutely must have one

Last edited by hookup (Sep-08-19 6:21AM)

#4 Sep-08-19 8:48AM

Ernie
Administrator

Well...the rod I won (I have it now) is built on a Century ISS845. The rod builder said, "7’, 1/4-1 1/2oz fast action, medium power. It’s one of the most versatile rods you will use. It’s Century’s autoclave Carbon with graphene resins and TexTreme finish. Very long casting, quick and smooth hook sets and tremendous power". Sounds impressive. I know that the blank was not cheap.

Still not sure what I will use it for. Feels like a good crakbait/spinnerbait rod but can handle the jig. Maybe a winter striper rod for when we use 1-2 oz jigs/spoons to get down deep.

Time to go fishin' again!

#5 Sep-09-19 8:18PM

pier_man0909

century's are for sure top of the line blanks.  they made some of the best surf blanks for years and just in the last few years have been expanding into other markets like offshore and bass rods.  my buddy Ryan White at Hatteras Jack's tackle shop in Rodanthe, NC deserves a lot of credit for bringing them where they are today and could tell you everything you want to know about them.

Board footer