Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 Aug-05-19 8:50AM

NOVAhunter
Northern Snakehead

Trip suggestions?

I have a couple of free days coming up and looking for suggestions. I would normally head to the shenandoah with the kayak but, sorta looking for something different. I know we are in the dog days of summer, but would the bay bridge be worth the trip right now? Just for the record, I am a horrible salt water fisherman... but keep trying for some reason. Other thoughts are upper Potomac. Point of rocks? Maybe the shenandoah at rt 7? Lower potomac grass beds?

#2 Aug-05-19 9:47AM

captmikestarrett
Patagonian Toothfish
Website

Re: Trip suggestions?

I would go white perch fishing..So many great spots for that ultra light bite in a kayak. I have heard that Deale MD has some great WP fishing. Friends have mentioned it so many times. Then a cold beverage at Petie Greens after is always a bonus. Never fished it but have buddies who do.

Capt Mike

Light Tackle Fishing Guide on the Potomac

#3 Aug-05-19 12:33PM

Ernie
Administrator

Deale- right jetty is always good as is the old house on the left (as you are coming out of the creek)

Chaptico Wharf (Wicomico River). Launch and start fishing all the docks and shore line.

The 'doah and 'mac, for smallie, have been slow....

UL and 1/8oz spinners.

Time to go fishin' again!

#4 Aug-05-19 3:12PM

bassman
Northern Snakehead

I'm a big fan of the upper Potomac in western Maryland . . . we use an outfitter at Little Orleans, MD (exit 68 off I-68) to port us several miles up-river.  Great water and lots of smallies.  Check out Lock 56 Outfitters run by Gary Hoffman - cell #814-244-0492.  End the day with a cheeseburger at Bill's Place.

#5 Aug-06-19 10:44AM

NOVAhunter
Northern Snakehead

thanks for the suggestions!!!

Board footer