Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 Aug-15-18 7:36PM

T.
Patagonian Toothfish

Sleeter Lake 8/15

It finally opened today.   Four other guys were in the process of launching while I was around 4pm.  Did alright for a new place while trying to figure depths, cover, grass, etc.  Caught five cookie cutter LMB in the 12" range, all on a green pumpkin pro senko.  No takers for a spoon, black and blue jig or various crankbaits.  All shallow and on shady sides.  The bottom drops off faster than Beaverdam and levels off at ~40ft in the middle in the area from the launch to the south.  The shallows from the edge to 8'? deep have a mix of hydrilla, hornwort and some other thin stuff.

#2 Aug-16-18 4:38AM

firemunkee
Patagonian Toothfish

Re: Sleeter Lake 8/15

Nice job! Thanks for sharing!

Together we'll fight the long defeat.

#3 Aug-16-18 6:47AM

Ernie
Administrator

Cool....so what's the verdict? Who can fish there? I know they limit the amount of boats (yaks, canoes etc) on the lake at 1 time.

Time to go fishin' again!

#4 Aug-16-18 11:13AM

bart2puck
Northern Snakehead

its suppose to be a private lake like ashburn.  You need to live in the community or be invited by someone that lives there.

#5 Aug-16-18 1:01PM

T.
Patagonian Toothfish

bart2puck wrote:

its suppose to be a private lake like ashburn.  You need to live in the community or be invited by someone that lives there.

Not anymore.  It's now a public park managed by the Town of Round Hill.

Another thing worth mentioning is the launch area.  It seems they didn't put any thought into it. It doesn't gently slope down to the water.  If the water was another 1.5ft higher it would be alright, but as is that is how much it drops of right at the edge of the water.  And it's bottom scraping shallow right at the edge.

Last edited by T. (Aug-16-18 1:01PM)

#6 Aug-16-18 1:09PM

Paul Naj
Northern Snakehead

You can find info on the park here- http://roundhillva.org/services/plannin … lake-park/

On that page there's a link to the rules that you can directly access here- http://roundhillva.org/wp-content/uploa … -01-18.pdf

From what I read it looks like it's open to the public but has a boat capacity limit. From the PDF, paragraph J in the boating section- "Boating capacity of the Sleeter Lake is 18 boats"

#7 Aug-28-18 1:31PM

bart2puck
Northern Snakehead

T. wrote:

bart2puck wrote:

Not anymore.  It's now a public park managed by the Town of Round Hill.

Another thing worth mentioning is the launch area.  It seems they didn't put any thought into it. It doesn't gently slope down to the water.  If the water was another 1.5ft higher it would be alright, but as is that is how much it drops of right at the edge of the water.  And it's bottom scraping shallow right at the edge.

My brother went over for the first time and said the same thing.  and that it only opens at 7am.  we are usually on the water the moment we can see the water, well before 7.

#8 Aug-28-18 4:46PM

T.
Patagonian Toothfish

Here's what the launch area looks like.
https://i.imgur.com/YcjBGxl.jpg

And here is a bass boat that was out there last Friday.  ??????????????
https://i.imgur.com/2nRFnfi.jpg

#9 Aug-30-18 8:03PM

bart2puck
Northern Snakehead

I do have to admit, it looks a lot better than what we used to, which was carry our canoe down from one of the side cul-de-sacs....I hope this honey hole doesnt become too popular...

Board footer