Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 Jan-18-18 3:35PM

captmikestarrett
Patagonian Toothfish
Website

Destinations for 2018

This year I plan on re-booting a trip that five years ago was hurricaned out. Capt Dave and I are hitting the VA Barrier Islands in our skinny boats for Adventure week. We might find reds or flounder or just croakers..in any case it will be a learning trip with no shortage of fun and exploring. The area is vast and the hotel is only two miles from where we launch each day. I like to call the cinder block hotel our home away from home. Park on the grass and be sure to bring some lawn chairs. Cook on a grill and live out of a cooler. Hope the weather is acceptable and winds light.

I am also enamored with a lake down on the LA/TX line called Cado Lake. If we can swing a couple days on this cypress filled lake it would be awesome. This may wait till next year but I will fish it I guarantee. Crappie and LGMouth aplenty. Google map that one up and look at all green water in the tanic tea water. Even a choupique trip would awesome.. You all know what a choupique is right? Pronounced Shoe Pick..

So what big plans do the members have for a new destination?

Capt Mike
Capt Dave

Light Tackle Fishing Guide on the Potomac

#2 Jan-18-18 5:14PM

Ernie
Administrator

Re: Destinations for 2018

I know someone who is going to FL in Feb. to fish Stick Marsh again. I wanna go but not sure I can...yet.

Some of my new destinations this year are exploring the UP...further up. Plus, I want to use the fly rod more often for them smallies.

Time to go fishin' again!

#3 Jan-19-18 5:07AM

Bryan
Patagonian Toothfish

That barrier islands trip sounds awesome. I've thought about doing that with my little boat but I don't think I'll ever get around to it.

No real exotic trips for me. Local freshwater, Chesapeake and Delaware Bay, and my annual MN trip are all I have planned for now.

tight lines

#4 Jan-19-18 5:37AM

Ernie
Administrator

Bryan wrote:

my annual MN trip are all I have planned for now.

This one is ALWAYS full of fish!

Time to go fishin' again!

Board footer