Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 Jun-15-17 3:28AM

Bruce
Northern Snakehead

Algonkian on June 14

Launched the kayaks with a friend at 6am yesterday at Algonkian. Went upstream and fished the MD channel side of Tenfoot Island along the banks early with Tiny Torpedos. Had many strikes near the lure but no hook ups...then I got one and figured out why I'd had so many misses. Turned out that the hits were from bluegills and not smallies. Landed 3 bluegills before the sun got too high. Fished with a white Roostertail next and got 3 more, but all were bluegills with largest going 8.5". Switched to 3" green Senko worm in the channel between the lower half of  Van Deventer Island and the MD shoreline with no luck. Water temp at dawn was 82 and shallow areas were clear, but anything deeper than about 3' had suspended particles that stained the water.

My friend fished the channel along both islands and he caught 4 smallies using Senko craws...all from the deeper water which along there was from 4' up to 7'. Got too hot to fish by 9:30am so we called it quits and went to breakfast at Bob Evans instead. That was probably the highlight of the day.

Sorry...no pictures worth taking today.

#2 Jun-15-17 6:33AM

firemunkee
Patagonian Toothfish

Re: Algonkian on June 14

It's disappointing not catching what you're targeting, but you got to go out fishing in a beautiful area and then had some yummms afterwards big_smile I'd say that's a good day! I was at work lol

Together we'll fight the long defeat.

Board footer