Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 Mar-09-17 5:26AM

darbrewe

Everyone has a Jewel

You know, that one creek, pond, lake that is easy to get to, that can scratch the itch, can give you an hr or 2 of quality fishing time.
I have a couple, but 1 in particular always delivers. I won't reveal by name, most of you know it, in Northern Virginia. I can drive to it in 20 min and be fishing in 30.
I was able to wade it about a week ago when the temps were hitting the low 70's.The day I went, a big front was due to blow in from the west. Based on past experience on this flow, I knew the bass would be on the feed. Water temp was 58F! Armed with a spinning rod and a spinnerbait, I went hunting, throwing cross stream to the deeper water that had over hanging trees. 5 casts later, I had caught 4 largies, nothing huge but satisfying none the less.
I started looking for other areas with the same qualities which proved to be a fail. Never leave fish to find fish.
Sure enough the wind started blowing and the bite shut down. I was able to land 1 more before the front roared in.
Went back yesterday with a 6wt fly rod and got skunked. These crazy temp swings have the fish a bit befuddled.

http://i1185.photobucket.com/albums/z345/darbrewe/bass2.jpg

http://i1185.photobucket.com/albums/z345/darbrewe/bass1.jpg

#2 Mar-09-17 6:16AM

hookup
Patagonian Toothfish

Re: Everyone has a Jewel

Nice job taking advantage of the break in the weather

#3 Mar-09-17 10:25AM

firemunkee
Patagonian Toothfish

Gotta love it. Nice job!

Last edited by firemunkee (Mar-09-17 10:26AM)

Together we'll fight the long defeat.

#4 Mar-09-17 11:46AM

Ernie
Administrator

Excellent....spring for the last 3 days and winter for the next week.

Time to go fishin' again!

Board footer