Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 May-29-08 7:00AM

Carl
Northern Snakehead

May 28, 2008, Occoquan Reservoir (Fountainhead Regional Park) Report

This is my first posting on a fishing website. For those of you who follow the Pacemaker fishing reports, you know what a valuable tool this is for guys (and girls) to share information. When Ernie told me about Pacemaker I really did not know what to expect until I began looking at some of the old pictures and reading the stories of historical fishing trips of twenty plus years ago. At that time Ernie was my branch manager at Pitney Bowes and, believe it or not, he would reprimand me for taking his other sales reps fishing during work hours. His solution to the problem was simple; he bought my boat. It didn't turn out the way he planned it because he became my best fishing student! I no longer work for Ernie but it is great to see how far he has taken this greatest of all sports. There is an old world proverb " God does not subtract from mans' days that time spent fishing." Ernie should live to be very old.

Now--for a fishing report. I have been trying to locate crappie at Fountainhead for the past week . Yesterday between 5:30 and 8:00,  I located some nice size fish on tree blow-downs in 4 to 7 feet of water on live small minnows. I did not try jigs but I believe the would have been equally as effective. The regulations require that you be back at the ramp by 8:00. I wish they were more liberal with the time but those are the rules.

Carl

#2 May-29-08 7:06AM

Ernie
Administrator

Re: May 28, 2008, Occoquan Reservoir (Fountainhead Regional Park) Report

Outstanding!

I remember when you and I entered a bass tournamnet (maybe 15 years ago?) at Fountainhead and all we caught were some little rock bass....they didn't count. On top of that, we fished a beaver hut and momma beaver chased us away...you were a scared puppy!

I had that boat for 10 years (16 foot Sea Nymph) and it served me well until I decided to get a Center Console back in the fall of 2005.

Glad to see you post and I expect many more in the future.....we will get you posting pictures as well!

Ernie

Time to go fishin' again!

Board footer