Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 Sep-30-14 4:16PM

Osprey
Patagonian Toothfish
Website

Last day for perch

Today is the last chance to catch a bigger perch for the contest Ernie and I entered. Took advantage of my retirement and hit some spots at Chesapeake Beach. I know E. worked them over on Saturday without any luck, but most of the better perch I've caught came from here. I needed an 11.75" perch to move out of this tie I'm in, but the day is over and I'm still tied.

Started off fishing in the creek. The tide was running strong causing some good current around the bridge piers near the ramp. The perch were there in the current, but not the one I needed. Caught several nice ones, and put 5 on the stringer,

Moved out to fish the bulkhead and rock jetty where the creek enters the bay. Should have stayed by the bridge. I caught fish out there that put up a fight and got me excited, but they weren't perch. Caught 2 stripers (15" and 17.5") a 12" blue, some baby speckled trout, and this guy.

http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii214/captchawk/pickerel%20derby/P1000524_zpsd798dad4.jpg

Finally left the jetty and tried the bridge again, but the current had stopped, so nothing was home. Continued up the creek and found one more keeper perch along with 3 more specs.

These are my invited guests the made the trip home. There'll be a good lunch one day this week.

http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii214/captchawk/pickerel%20derby/P1000525_zpsc6400742.jpg

20' Key West..16' C-Hawk...Hobie Pro Angler...Hobie Outback

#2 Sep-30-14 5:55PM

Ernie
Administrator

Re: Last day for perch

Congrats on the 1st place tie....especially in this weird year.

It just dawned on me that I did not keep any perch this year. Nothing in the freezer for winter...bummer!

Time to go fishin' again!

#3 Sep-30-14 6:39PM

Osprey
Patagonian Toothfish
Website

Plenty of time to stock up, but you might beed a coat and ear muffs

20' Key West..16' C-Hawk...Hobie Pro Angler...Hobie Outback

#4 Oct-02-14 2:46AM

firemunkee
Patagonian Toothfish

What a nice variety of species. Nice job!

Together we'll fight the long defeat.

Board footer