Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 Aug-29-14 3:14PM

Ernie
Administrator

8-29-14, out of Deale

George and I went out today for his 1st white perch fishing trip.

It was a spectacular day....mild temps.

http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj320/Kiko13PB/New%20Kiko/001_zps3b11b914.jpg

I thought George was a good fisherman.....but this?

http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj320/Kiko13PB/New%20Kiko/005_zpsa960689b.jpg

In reality, it did not take George long to get his 1st white perch ever!

http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj320/Kiko13PB/New%20Kiko/002_zpsaa1fc816.jpg

And, all of his UL and L rods were home made!

We caught fish in the all the right places and when we got to the little bridge, the NNE wind was pushing against the outgoing tide. I was just about to leave and George said that he thought the bait was getting scrunched so we stayed and slayed the perch. We caught many in the 10" range including this 10.75 incher that helped me nudge forward in the SRRKC WP tourney.

http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj320/Kiko13PB/New%20Kiko/003_zps06b0c079.jpg

And then we left fish to find more fish.

We went to the beach jetty and we caught 1....yes, ONE fish! Then we went to solar panel house and caught none. Then to Spanish house and caught none!

We just went 2-3 miles for nothing.....but, the best was yet to come.

At the Deale jetty, we caught a few more (they were slamming the lures) and then before we left, I wanted to try one other spot....in very shallow water (<2').

I hear the drag scream...then George scream....then me as we see this big tail slap the water. Mind you, George is using 4lb test line on a hand built UL rod.

I say, "it's a 14 incher!". But it was bigger!

George expertly handled the 19" striper like he's been doing it a long time. He turned it's head and led him to the net.

http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj320/Kiko13PB/New%20Kiko/004_zps9f5d3c46.jpg

Nice fish...his 1st keeper ever!

While the fishing was not red hot, it was steady and George got a few to take home.

A stop at Ledo's ended a great day....but, the boat had to go into the shop with some electrical issues. Should get her back this week.

Time to go fishin' again!

#2 Aug-29-14 4:38PM

drxfish
Patagonian Toothfish

Re: 8-29-14, out of Deale

Nice job, guys!  Looks like a fun time was had.  Nice surprise with the striper.

Always wishin' I was fishin'

#3 Aug-29-14 5:56PM

Osprey
Patagonian Toothfish
Website

Looks like you guys had a great day. I fished the R n R jetty and the marina bulkhead for 4 hours on Wed. Landed 8 dink stripers and another 8 perch between 9 - 9 1/2. Nice day for the yak, but not for upgrading my score.

20' Key West..16' C-Hawk...Hobie Pro Angler...Hobie Outback

#4 Aug-30-14 5:48AM

Ernie
Administrator

Bob- don't know what's up with the beach jetty. We fished the bulkhead as well and zippo was the result.

#5 Aug-30-14 8:20AM

Osprey
Patagonian Toothfish
Website

One more thing to try there, fish till after sunset. I still want to try the westinghouse rocks below the bay bridge. At least there you have the bridge as a backup plan. Just need the right wind direction.

20' Key West..16' C-Hawk...Hobie Pro Angler...Hobie Outback

#6 Aug-30-14 10:18AM

Ernie
Administrator

The NNE winds yesterday were a bit of a PIA.....

#7 Sep-01-14 12:56PM

AbuMasgouf
Northern Snakehead
Website

Wow! That's a nice Rock! Congrats George, first WP and first keeper Rockfish on the same day! smile

Mustafa
ابو مسقوف AbuMasgouf (Aboo-Mas-goof ): Fish Roast Papa
2016 Hobie Outback
"Be humble to whomever you learn from and whomever you teach."-- Imam Al'Sadiq (p)

#8 Sep-01-14 6:23PM

firemunkee
Patagonian Toothfish

Woah that must have been a great fight! I bet it was really satisfying landing that on a homemade UL rod!

Together we'll fight the long defeat.

#9 Sep-02-14 7:49AM

hookup
Patagonian Toothfish

Thanks again for the many firsts Ernie.  Had a blast and you're an expert on the net.

Went home filleted out the fish & smoked them the next day.  Took the fish heads & bones & made up a fish stock.

Here's the fruit of our labors ...

http://i218.photobucket.com/albums/cc227/HookUpAngler/IMGP0870_zps13f47e11.jpg

#10 Sep-02-14 7:57AM

Ernie
Administrator

I see a cook off between Mustafa and George. They both share the same passion (fishing and cooking)!!

#11 Sep-02-14 12:38PM

firemunkee
Patagonian Toothfish

Cook off sounds like a good idea! I'll be more than happy to be a judge wink

#12 Sep-02-14 2:01PM

AbuMasgouf
Northern Snakehead
Website

Ernie wrote:

I see a cook off between Mustafa and George. They both share the same passion (fishing and cooking)!!

LOL!! George and I do have that in common for sure!

Awesome looking Spread George!! I also love how you didn't  let any part of a good fish go to waste and ended up using the bones and head for stock  smile

Mustafa
2016 Hobie Outback
"Be humble to whomever you learn from and whomever you teach."-- Imam Al'Sadiq (p)

#13 Sep-03-14 6:53AM

hookup
Patagonian Toothfish

Well, the guts were tossed ...

#14 Sep-03-14 7:27AM

AbuMasgouf
Northern Snakehead
Website

hookup wrote:

Well, the guts were tossed ...

I sure hope so! LOL

Mustafa
2016 Hobie Outback

#15 Sep-03-14 1:33PM

hookup
Patagonian Toothfish

I cook allot and luv it.  Made me way through college in food service. 

Also, got upset at my room mates for always eating my food, so made a deal, they buy the food, I cook it.  Turned out each of them gave me $$ each week and I did the shopping & cooking and never had to pay for food through college.

#16 Sep-03-14 1:55PM

AbuMasgouf
Northern Snakehead
Website

hookup wrote:

I cook allot and luv it.  Made me way through college in food service. 

Also, got upset at my room mates for always eating my food, so made a deal, they buy the food, I cook it.  Turned out each of them gave me $$ each week and I did the shopping & cooking and never had to pay for food through college.

Smart idea! smile I'm going to have to teach my boys to cook so they too can get free meals in college! LOL This way it's cheaper for me big_smile

Mustafa
2016 Hobie Outback

#17 Sep-04-14 5:29AM

hookup
Patagonian Toothfish

My son took to cooking quick.  Now he's at college, has an apt w/ 3 other guys and does most of the cooking & eats for free. Chip off the ol' block.

Start your boys out burning meat on the grill ... easiest way to learn.  Not sure if your faith allows beef, know it doesn't allow pork, but teach them the slow cook method with chicken or burn some lamb - you can't mess up lamb.  Or fish, have them out with you when you cook it.

Or another way is bachelor cooking, wrap skinless chicken up with veggies in aluminum foil, season & add some EVOO, and put it on a med grill.

Easy and Mom will be happy she doesn't have to cook.

Happy wife, happy life.

#18 Sep-04-14 6:58PM

firemunkee
Patagonian Toothfish

hookup wrote:

My son took to cooking quick.  Now he's at college, has an apt w/ 3 other guys and does most of the cooking & eats for free. Chip off the ol' block.

Start your boys out burning meat on the grill ... easiest way to learn.  Not sure if your faith allows beef, know it doesn't allow pork, but teach them the slow cook method with chicken or burn some lamb - you can't mess up lamb.  Or fish, have them out with you when you cook it.

Or another way is bachelor cooking, wrap skinless chicken up with veggies in aluminum foil, season & add some EVOO, and put it on a med grill.

Happy wife, happy life.

I'm going to have to try some of this myself big_smile

#19 Sep-05-14 6:49AM

AbuMasgouf
Northern Snakehead
Website

hookup wrote:

Happy wife, happy life.

You're last line is soo true!

Good advice! We include our kids in a lot of our cooking although haven't included them in the grilling. They both have a foodie palate which Dad is always stocked about! I started cooking because of my foodie palate and it just became a passion. I taught myself after watching my Mom and Dad do it.

I will have to get them out on the deck next time I grill!

Mustafa
2016 Hobie Outback

Board footer