Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 Jul-18-14 12:29PM

Go0phy

Hello!

Hello everyone.

I've been lurking this forum for quite some time now and wanted to officially say hello! I'm new to fishing the area and I live in Brambleton. I'm also new to fresh water fishing, most of my fishing experience have been fishing the flats in St. Petersburg Florida. I miss it a lot, but hope I can get my fix here.

I've rented Kayaks at Riverbend, but was skunked each trip. sad

I'm interested in wading and shore fishing locations around the area. Is it possible to wade in Goose Creek, Goose Creek Reservoir and the Potomac? Where can I go?

Thanks!

#2 Jul-18-14 1:11PM

Ernie
Administrator

Re: Hello!

Well...there is Beaverdam but they have closed it. No way to do Goose Creek res from the shore unless you know someone. Find Kephart Bridge Landing (http://www.loudounwildlife.org/Great_Pl … phart.html)and you will find some wading area down the trail (Goose Creek).

I have a book I can lend you. It is written by Steve Moore and has all the wading access points you ever wanted!

You come from a fishing mecca....we don't offer the same but it's not bad.

Welcome aboard!

Time to go fishin' again!

#3 Jul-21-14 9:51AM

Go0phy

Re: Hello!

I have the ebook for his wader's guide and been skimming through it.

I've read a bunch of reviews and visited plenty of forums and sites seeking information regarding the area. Was looking forward to exploring Beavordam, but stumbled across the articles and story regarding it purchase and closure. I've signed the petition. sad

Trying to convince the wife to approve a Kayak purchase smile

Board footer