Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 Jun-01-14 2:41AM

Bruce
Northern Snakehead

Algonkian??

Has anyone been to Algonkian lately? I want to know if the ramp is now safe for launching a kayak... as a previous report said it was covered with mud. Also, how does the water look?
Thanks,
Bruce

#2 Jun-01-14 5:54AM

redskinsfan360
Patagonian Toothfish

Re: Algonkian??

I haven't been back since, let me know how it is if you go

#3 Jun-01-14 6:15AM

drxfish
Patagonian Toothfish

Check my reports.  I have been out 4 times this week.  The ramp is safe, but it is BUSY unless you get out super early or go during the week.  The water is "turbid" from recent rains with lots of grass and leaves floating in the water.  Fish are mostly on the bottom, but it will get better very soon.

Always wishin' I was fishin'

#4 Jun-01-14 7:04AM

Bruce
Northern Snakehead

I plan to go this week. Anyone interested in joining me Tuesday-Friday?
Bruce

#5 Jun-01-14 2:01PM

drxfish
Patagonian Toothfish

Make sure you check the weather.  Rain expected.

#6 Jun-01-14 2:32PM

Curly
Patagonian Toothfish

drxfish wrote:

Check my reports.  I have been out 4 times this week................

Where are these reports on the Forum????

Hell or High Water...........I'm Fishin!!   big_smile

#7 Jun-05-14 4:56AM

Bruce
Northern Snakehead

I did get out yesterday from 8:30 to 11:30am. Water conditions were great...surface temp was 75, water level and flow a little above normal but very safe and easy to kayak, clarity about 12", and very little floating debris. Caught 5 smallies, all less than 12", on 2" tubes. Threw other baits but couldn't connect. Glad to see the river was so fishable, even though my catching wasn't so great.
Bruce

#8 Jun-05-14 6:14AM

drxfish
Patagonian Toothfish

Sorry guys.  I had posted on Riversmallies and did the cut and paste, but I guess I only previewed.  It looks like I did not save it.  Water was a bit high and lots of particulate (grass, leaves etc.) to mess up most presentations.  Water has come down to a nice level but it rained again, so expect some brown mixed in with the river rising above 3 ft. at POR by Friday afternoon.  Fishing should be improving as it appears the spawning is over.  Numbers and size have not been there on this section for me.  My largest was 16.25" and that was on a tube.

I am off the river for a bit due to motor issues with my Mercury 9.9.  I ran upriver and when I went to re-start the engine it would not start.  I have not been able to identify the cause.  I am troubleshooting gas line and electrical issues.

Board footer