Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 Jan-28-14 12:50PM

Ernie
Administrator

Winter persists...

A friend of mine lives in Pensacola and works at the Navy base there. They closed down due to weather as they are getting slammed by ice.

http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj320/Kiko13PB/New%20Kiko/Palmice_zps3f5ccbb4.jpg

This is the same storm that might give us a dusting later...lots more snow down in NC and VA Beach.

Time to go fishin' again!

#2 Jan-28-14 3:26PM

Ernie
Administrator

Re: Winter persists...

And now we hear from Mississippi....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DgZM1mqphIs

#3 Jan-29-14 4:59AM

hookup
Patagonian Toothfish

My heart bleed for them

lol

13dF w/ a wind chill & snow when I left for work this morning.  7 was an ice skating ring, saw three cars in the ditch on the side of the road.

People need to stop being in such a hurry when they drive; especially when we are having the weather we've been having lately.

Jons'n for a tug on the line .....

#4 Jan-29-14 6:57AM

Ernie
Administrator

I can't remember the last time I put a coat on to get stuff from the garage....but there is hope!

It's going to be 50 this Saturday but then it will be cold again.....

1st day of spring is 51 days away....

Time change day is 39 days away...

Most pitchers and catchers start reporting in on Feb. 13-15 (some as early as Feb. 6)....this was always how I got through winter as a kid playing ball.

#5 Jan-29-14 2:30PM

bigjeffie
Patagonian Toothfish

Spring training.......happy days are coming.....just a few more Weeks.....we need it too warm.up for the yellow perch run

#6 Jan-29-14 2:34PM

bigjeffie
Patagonian Toothfish

I just came in from a 40min walk. Get up and get out and you will feel better. We have been working outside this year. As long as the wind isnt howling, it is tolerable

Last edited by bigjeffie (Jan-29-14 2:35PM)

#7 Jan-29-14 2:36PM

NOVAhunter
Northern Snakehead

I caught myself walking around in just a sweater the other day when it was 25 out thinking it wasn't that bad out. Now, that was 25 degrees warmer than what my truck had said when I was driving into to work that morning. I guess I have either put on my winter fat or I have officially acclimated to our new climate.  We are going to be panting and wearing shorts if it hits 50 on Saturday. I just want to wash the layers of salt off the truck so i can see what color it is again (before it turns brown from rust).

#8 Jan-29-14 4:43PM

captmikestarrett
Patagonian Toothfish
Website

Saltmaggedon is the name of the assault on our highways. One foot high drifts of salt that will run into our streams and rivers. They will forever change the salinity of local fishing spots..  beware of bluefish in your local streams.

Capt Mike

Light Tackle Fishing Guide on the Potomac

#9 Jan-29-14 5:01PM

Ernie
Administrator

Agree on the salt......streets are white.

When I need to be outside, I know how to dress to stay warm. But it's a pain because it's a lot of layers.

Most of my exercise is indoors now on my bike or Nordicktrac. I would rather be outside without being layered up.

#10 Jan-29-14 7:07PM

basscrusher
Northern Snakehead

That first pic reminds me of the drive back from the Gator Bowl in 2002.  An ice storm hit just as we were crossing the Florida line into Georgia.  somewhere in GA it turned to heavy snow.  AM radio told us about traffic delays on 95 and that the great state of SC only has one snowplow in the entire state (not a joke...I'm dead serious) and it was located in the far west of the state.  By central NC I was stopping every 10 minutes to clear ice from the wipers.  The only pair of gloves I packed got soaked and my fingers stayed numb for hours.  The drive from Jacksonville to Northern VA usually takes about 11 hours depending on stops and speed.  That drive back for us took 22 hours.  I was literally hallucinating by the time I got back.  When I'd close my eyes I could still see snow flying past me...much like the old Windows screen saver from the mid 1990s or in Star Wars when the Millenium Falcon goes to warp speed and the stars whiz by.

#11 Jan-30-14 8:35AM

captmikestarrett
Patagonian Toothfish
Website

Do you think orange juices prices will rise?

Capt Mike

Light Tackle Fishing Guide on the Potomac

Board footer