Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 Dec-21-13 7:34PM

captmikestarrett
Patagonian Toothfish
Website

AI Surf

Found a nice spot with a good push out on a dropping tide. JC Brown asked to fish next to me on the push out and I was glad to have the company. He fished very fresh bunker and I used fresh mullet. We talked about all kinds of stuff and changed baits every hour or so. Got cleaned a few times but never saw a hit. Fished till dark and just got home. Counter at entrance showed 12 vehicles total at any time. First time there and I like it..a bite would have been nice but not expected. The boats where working small areas out about a mile and the wind never settled down till end of day. If wind was easterly it was warm and it turned westerly many times bringing very cold 25 mph winds down the back of my neck. Reddish orange sunset was awesome..

Capt Mike

Light Tackle Fishing Guide on the Potomac

#2 Dec-23-13 7:59AM

Bryan
Patagonian Toothfish

Re: AI Surf

Guess this year's surf run has come to an end. Thanks for the report.

tight lines

#3 Dec-23-13 8:47AM

captmikestarrett
Patagonian Toothfish
Website

Re: AI Surf

Delaware Bay is reporting large runs of striper and in most years the big runs come right down the AI beach to the bay. Water temps are 44 degrees so it is not too cold yet. Close but not too cold. It is also suggested that the big runs have changed patterns since Delaware Canal opened. Warm winters the last few years also may changed the pattern.

Some good convict bass showed up last week in OC surf around 90 th street.. so I was hopeful.

Capt Mike

Light Tackle Fishing Guide on the Potomac

Board footer