Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 Dec-09-12 9:21AM

ComeOnFish
Northern Snakehead

CBBT Stripers on Dec 7

RedskinsFan360,

Redfish12 and I went to CBBT for big stripers on Friday.  Redfish12 located stripers, after that Redfish12 caught more than 30 stripers.  And I caught about 12 stripers.  The stripers weren’t big.  They were 17-25 inch long’

Watch Redfish12 in action:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oD7h9FHpbpo

Joe

#2 Dec-09-12 9:54AM

Ernie
Administrator

Re: CBBT Stripers on Dec 7

Joe- you guys did much better than the boats. I take it you put in at Kipto?

We say some yaks on the 1st island but they were not doing anything.

BTW, I do not call a 25" striper "not big"   wink

Time to go fishin' again!

#3 Dec-09-12 10:35AM

T.
Patagonian Toothfish

Seems like yesterday wasn't good for stripers anywhere.  I went to Lake Anna to try my yak there for the first time.  I only saw a few fish break the surface in the distance early on, but never marked anything that looked like stripers.   I never saw anyone else catch any fish.  I did manage a white perch, a crappie and a largemouth though.

#4 Dec-09-12 11:02AM

Ernie
Administrator

T- At Anna, the stripers have a ton of threadfin shad to eat so catching them takes patience, it took me 7 years of trying.

At the CBBT, there is an absence of bait thus the lack of ocean fish (big ones). If bait is there, it's bent rod time!

#5 Dec-09-12 11:52AM

redskinsfan360
Patagonian Toothfish

On Friday I was pretty close to yall.  Me and my bud put in at Kiptopeke and paddled to the ships, but then saw a whole lot of boats out by the buoy, which I believe is buoy 18.  It took us 40 min to paddle their and then we drifted eels for a while.  Didn't catch any or hear of anyone catching.  Paddled a hour and a half back to the ships and fished their for a little longer before calling it quits after no bites.

The fish are still at plantation where they have been getting them for the past couple days. 

I'm hoping to find some time this week to go before my eels die, but it will be hard because of finals....

Glad you all caught some fish!

Last edited by redskinsfan360 (Dec-09-12 12:18PM)

#6 Dec-09-12 4:09PM

ComeOnFish
Northern Snakehead

Pacemaker wrote:

Joe- you guys did much better than the boats. I take it you put in at Kipto?

We say some yaks on the 1st island but they were not doing anything.

BTW, I do not call a 25" striper "not big"   wink

We beach launched (after street parking) from VA Beach, and pedaled toward the First Island.  We found the stripers 35-38' of water after the first boat channel way before the first Island.

Joe

#7 Dec-09-12 4:17PM

ComeOnFish
Northern Snakehead

redskinsfan360 wrote:

On Friday I was pretty close to yall.  Me and my bud put in at Kiptopeke and paddled to the ships, but then saw a whole lot of boats out by the buoy, which I believe is buoy 18.  It took us 40 min to paddle their and then we drifted eels for a while.  Didn't catch any or hear of anyone catching.  Paddled a hour and a half back to the ships and fished their for a little longer before calling it quits after no bites.

The fish are still at plantation where they have been getting them for the past couple days. 

I'm hoping to find some time this week to go before my eels die, but it will be hard because of finals....

Glad you all caught some fish!

Well what you wrote is exactly what I wanted to avoid. Since we drive 3.5-4 hours one way, I wanted to have some action.  Hopefully one day one of the stripers are big.

I usually buy one eel from Ocean East 2, and keep the eel in a plastic grocery bag in the cooler.  My plan is I deploy the only eel when I see big striper on the FF.  But it hadn't happened yet.

Joe

#8 Dec-09-12 5:37PM

Ernie
Administrator

ComeOnFish wrote:

We found the stripers 35-38' of water after the first boat channel way before the first Island.

A few years ago we went west of the bridge before the 1st island and found fish in that same channel. I kept looking over there or birds but we never wandered over there. Wish I had now....

Board footer