Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#26 Jan-19-13 3:25PM

Ernie
Administrator

Re: 2013 Fishing Shows

Aw man, I forgot to tell everyone that Dave was standing in for Capt. Mike and was selling trips left and right including one to me and Bob!

Good seeing you there Dave!!

Time to go fishin' again!

#27 Jan-21-13 1:14PM

Ernie
Administrator

CozUF2001 wrote:

I'll meet you in Richmond if you come down.

Looks like a snow event Friday/Saturday.....I may go depending on what we get. Must stop at Greentop at some point but will need to be back in Ashburn NLT 4 PM.

#28 Jan-25-13 5:42AM

Ernie
Administrator

I didn't have this show (Eastern Sports & Outdoor Show) here but it was just announced that the 10 day Eastern Sports & Outdoor Show in Harrisburg has been postponed (indefinitely delayed).

Reed Exhibitions has decided to postpone, for now, the Eastern Sports and Outdoor Show given the controversy surrounding its decision to limit the sale or display of modern sporting rifles (also called ARs) at the event. The show was scheduled to take place February 2-10 in Harrisburg, PA.

“Our original decision not to include certain products in the Eastern Sports and Outdoor Show this year was made in order to preserve the event’s historical focus on the hunting and fishing traditions enjoyed by American families,” said Chet Burchett, Reed Exhibitions President for the Americas. “In the current climate, we felt that the presence of MSRs would distract from the theme of hunting and fishing, disrupting the broader experience of our guests. This was intended simply as a product decision, of the type event organizers need to make every day.

“It has become very clear to us after speaking with our customers that the event could not be held because the atmosphere of this year’s show would not be conducive to an event that is designed to provide family enjoyment. It is unfortunate that in the current emotionally charged atmosphere this celebratory event has become overshadowed by a decision that directly affected a small percentage of more than 1,000 exhibits showcasing products and services for those interested in hunting and fishing.

“ESS has long been proud to participate in the preservation and promotion of hunting and fishing traditions, and we hope that as the national debate clarifies, we will have an opportunity to consider rescheduling the event when the time is right to focus on the themes it celebrates.”

#29 Jan-26-13 2:05PM

Ernie
Administrator

Went to the The Bass & Saltwater Fishing Expo in Doswell today with Greg, Tyler and Matt. Great show...picked up a few things, learned some new stuff and talked to many old friends.

Then we went to the new Greentop...what a great place. Tyler will post some pictures later.

#30 Jan-27-13 5:37AM

Ernie
Administrator

http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj320/Kiko13PB/New%20Kiko/Greentop2_zps91783edf.jpg

And a little Blue Grass entertainment....

http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj320/Kiko13PB/New%20Kiko/Greentop1_zps2a8ff6ef.jpg

#31 Jan-27-13 7:03AM

bassman
Northern Snakehead

Agree that the show was good - sat in five seminars, all of which had lots of helpful tips.  Perhaps the best was the guide who spoke about fishing for smallies and muskie on the New River - I've added a trip to that river to my bucket list. 

I was mildly disappointed that not more of the the manufacturers of rods, reels, line and lures were not at the show, but I guess they have to pick and choose their locations.  I still managed to find a few interesting lures to try this spring, and picked up a new Quantum reel for a pretty decent price. 

Ernie, good to bump into to you, and sorry we didn't get a chance to visit longer.  As for the Broad Run fishing club, great job on the exhibit and I hope you raise lots of $$$.

#32 Jan-27-13 2:35PM

captmikestarrett
Patagonian Toothfish
Website

Dave sat in for me while I was on the mend.

Very gratefull.

Capt Mike

Light Tackle Fishing Guide on the Potomac

#33 Jan-27-13 8:27PM

redskinsfan360
Patagonian Toothfish

I really enjoyed the Ish Monroe seminar.  Only one I got to see.

#34 Jan-28-13 3:41AM

GregF
Northern Snakehead

Agree.  Ish Monroe was very interesting.  He is such a personable guy.  Easy to listen to and great tidbits of information.

I don't get to too many shows.  Had fun at this one.  A good mix of a lot of stuff.  Boats to cooking utensils.

As always, having Ernie as company helped a lot.

#35 Jan-28-13 6:07PM

Ernie
Administrator

Pacemaker wrote:

I didn't have this show (Eastern Sports & Outdoor Show) here but it was just announced that the 10 day Eastern Sports & Outdoor Show in Harrisburg has been postponed (indefinitely delayed).

Reed Exhibitions has decided to postpone, for now, the Eastern Sports and Outdoor Show given the controversy surrounding its decision to limit the sale or display of modern sporting rifles (also called ARs) at the event. The show was scheduled to take place February 2-10 in Harrisburg, PA.

“Our original decision not to include certain products in the Eastern Sports and Outdoor Show this year was made in order to preserve the event’s historical focus on the hunting and fishing traditions enjoyed by American families,” said Chet Burchett, Reed Exhibitions President for the Americas. “In the current climate, we felt that the presence of MSRs would distract from the theme of hunting and fishing, disrupting the broader experience of our guests. This was intended simply as a product decision, of the type event organizers need to make every day.

“It has become very clear to us after speaking with our customers that the event could not be held because the atmosphere of this year’s show would not be conducive to an event that is designed to provide family enjoyment. It is unfortunate that in the current emotionally charged atmosphere this celebratory event has become overshadowed by a decision that directly affected a small percentage of more than 1,000 exhibits showcasing products and services for those interested in hunting and fishing.

“ESS has long been proud to participate in the preservation and promotion of hunting and fishing traditions, and we hope that as the national debate clarifies, we will have an opportunity to consider rescheduling the event when the time is right to focus on the themes it celebrates.”

A follow up...

http://www.forbes.com/sites/frankminite … t-america/

#36 Feb-14-13 10:20AM

Ernie
Administrator

Lots of updates.....

#37 Mar-07-13 6:40PM

Ernie
Administrator

New event added for March 30. I will be there if the weather is bad....

Board footer