Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 Jun-25-12 10:14AM

Paul Naj
Northern Snakehead

3" Custom Wooden Swimmers

So a little over a year ago I gave a few of you some 3" "Pikie" custom plugs that a friend of mine makes. I was hoping I would hear some good stories by now but admittedly I've been away from the game and out of touch with most of you since then. Fishing has unfortunately been an afterthought for me. However, the few times I have gone in the past few years this lure has been part of my offering and has caught fish.

So I'm reaching out to those of you that got these to see if you've fished them and for any success stories or questions you may have. If you haven't, I'm asking you to try them soon and give me some feedback to share with my friend Charlie. He's having success selling the plugs but we thought the volume would be greater. There's a handful of us that know each other that regurlarly catch fish with them so we know the plug works. To help a bit, here's an article that Charlie wrote in his blog about how to fish them.

http://www.choopylures.com/2012/06/3-pi … l?spref=fb

#2 Jun-25-12 10:31AM

Ernie
Administrator

Re: 3" Custom Wooden Swimmers

I have 2 of them but I forgot all about 'em....will need to take them out to the bay.

Great article....

Time to go fishin' again!

#3 Jun-25-12 3:56PM

Charlie M
Website

:wave: Naj!

Give them a good swim.

Hey Folks! I make these lures (Choopy Lures) and I am working on a give-away to introduce them to your community. Keep your eyes peeled. smile

If you have any questions about them or the article I wrote, feel free to ask.

#4 Jun-25-12 4:09PM

Curly
Patagonian Toothfish

Guess I've been out of the loop.................and the freebies on this............ sad

Hell or High Water...........I'm Fishin!!   big_smile

#5 Jun-25-12 4:15PM

Ernie
Administrator

Curly wrote:

Guess I've been out of the loop.................and the freebies on this............ sad

Hmmmm....weren't you at Paul's about a year ago? Maybe you left early.....

#6 Jun-25-12 4:17PM

Ernie
Administrator

Pacemaker wrote:

will need to take them out to the bay.

Need to correct this...these babies can be used for freshwater. They have great action.

#7 Jun-25-12 4:48PM

Paul Naj
Northern Snakehead

I recall Curly not being able to make it that night. I think he was doing some baby sitting that night and didn't want to bring the kid around the questionable characters at my house. wink

Curly, if you're not lucky enough to be selected for one of the give aways that Charlie will be putting up, I may have an extra lying around. Since I apparently don't fish anymore, you can put it to better use than I can anyway.

#8 Jun-25-12 5:47PM

Curly
Patagonian Toothfish

Paul Naj wrote:

I recall Curly not being able to make it that night. I think he was doing some baby sitting that night and didn't want to bring the kid around the questionable characters at my house. wink

Good memory!  Give that man a cupie doll!  Yeah, I was baby sittting the grandbaby............and he screamed the whole 3 hours that I had him.............would not have gone well there with a screaming youngin there tongue .

Hell or High Water...........I'm Fishin!!   big_smile

#9 Jun-25-12 6:39PM

Paul Naj
Northern Snakehead

Curly wrote:

Good memory!  Give that man a cupie doll!  Yeah, I was baby sittting the grandbaby............and he screamed the whole 3 hours that I had him.............would not have gone well there with a screaming youngin there tongue .

We could have saddled up one of my chocolate labs and kept him busy for hours. smile

#10 Jun-26-12 4:59AM

AndrewDo124
Patagonian Toothfish

I'm going to try and use mine this weekend. I'll keep you posted.

#11 Jun-26-12 1:21PM

captmikestarrett
Patagonian Toothfish
Website

Yes I got one from you at a show.. Thanks..

Thinking which tackle box it is in..I will find tonight and put it on the boat.

Capt Mike

Light Tackle Fishing Guide on the Potomac

Board footer