Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 May-06-12 7:23AM

NOVAhunter
Northern Snakehead

5/5/12 Turkey

I didn't see any turkeys during the  hunt. I did have a big pregnant doe feed in front of me for about 30 minutes.  She looks like she is about to burst. On the way out of the woods I walked down an old road that goes past where an house was at one time and I was was stepping over a log I just about put my foot down on a hen sitting on her nest.  I think my pulse peaked at about 220 beats per minute after that. I snapped this with the cell phone and got out of there so she could get back to her eggs.

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7199/7148455865_72ccb27d25_z.jpg

Once I got home I found 3 ticks on me. Anyone have better luck with a repellent better than deep woods off? The tick issue is really making me have second thoughts about spring turkey hunting.

#2 May-07-12 5:55AM

backtofuturetoyota
Patagonian Toothfish

Re: 5/5/12 Turkey

awsome nest.  hopefully the hen came back quickly.  As far as ticks go...I heard that we needed 4-5 straight days of freezing temperature to kill the existing ticks and we didn't get that.  I used to spray my pants and boots down with deet, but it didn't do anything for the above waitline attacks.  If your wearing coveralls I suggest spraying at the open ends (pant legs, cuffs, collar, including the zipper length).  I've always had better luck wearing a scent lock light weight coveralls during the warmer months when ticks are out.

Board footer