Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 May-08-06 6:16AM

Ernie
Administrator

Avalon NJ report from Andy Yentzer, May 6-7

Went to Avalon NJ for the w/e for some fishin'. Been since Feb since I did anything serious. Did some intel at the bait shop and got the "the flounder are biting, weakfish are biting, the bluefish are on bait". Ok got the kids with me so if the bluefish are on bait, and weakfish are a little to hard to keep a 6 and 7 year old kids on, so tog it is.

Saturday in about a hour of a good bite we got 5 fish to 6#, Sunday 1 to 8#. Kept the 6 on Sat and the 8 on Sunday, the others were full of roe and released. Saturday was better for weather and conditions, just wish we fished the Sunday spot on Saturday:rolleyes: . Oh BTW, Tog is fun with kids for so many reasons, but the immediate reason is they get to play with the green crabs:eek: :bolt: :laugh:.

The bite was a little lite so Bro and I hooked them and passed the rods, funny watching kids handle keeper tog on "lite tackle". I was using a musky stick with 12# mono and bro had boat stick with 20# power pro. We were fishing mussel beds so nothing too sticky. Funny how stress melts away with that first fish.

Andy

Time to go fishin' again!

Board footer