Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 Aug-15-11 1:08PM

BillyBigMouth
Northern Snakehead

8/14 Pavilion Lake

Hi all,

I just moved into a condo on the Pavilion Lake and am really into bass fishing.  Last night I went for a while and caught a nice 17in 3# largemouth on a wacky worm.  I am probably going to give it another go tonight after work, also. 

I have a few questions since I am new to this area.  What else are in these lakes besides bass and the obvious carp?  Also, I have a friend wanting to use live worms, do you know a close place where they sell them? 

Last question - I own a float tube where your legs dangle in the water.  I know the lakes say no swimming.  Will they allow me to fish in one of those?

#2 Aug-15-11 1:30PM

Ernie
Administrator

Re: 8/14 Pavilion Lake

Welcome Mike.....that's a very nice fish!

I think that Wal-Mart has worms....not sure.

Good question on the float tube.....in my mind, it's a fishing device. Not sure how to advise you on this one.

Time to go fishin' again!

#3 Aug-15-11 1:56PM

Curly
Patagonian Toothfish

The remaining fish in Pavilion are blue gill, redear sunfish, and crappie.  I see no reason a float tube could not be used.

Hell or High Water...........I'm Fishin!!   big_smile

#4 Aug-15-11 4:43PM

TyF
Northern Snakehead

Hey you can buy worms at 7-11 which is on ashburn rd

#5 Aug-15-11 6:00PM

bassman
Northern Snakehead

The In-N-Out Market on Waxpool Road (between Ashburn and the Broadlands) sells nightcrawlers.

#6 Aug-16-11 5:43AM

BillyBigMouth
Northern Snakehead

Great!  Thanks for all the help.
Went again yesterday but didn't catch anything over 12".  It was really windy but I was hoping the drop in temperature would make for some aggressive fishing.  They hit hard but nothing big hit hard. 
I think I will just give the float tube a shot at some point and see if anyone complains.

Board footer