Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 Oct-26-07 8:00PM

Ernie
Administrator

10-13/14-05, Potomac River (Lower) report

On Thursday, we put in at Shamanskys around 3:30 PM. It was a fairly miserable day with wind and some drizzle.  Since we only had a few hours we decided to head up river, fight the waves and look for birds. We found them!! It was going to be a fun, wet day! We caught many, many stripers casting light tackle and of course the biggest one was 17.6789". There were blues mixed in and some were decent, keeper type. We used different kinds of bucktails and they were not too picky on color. Also, had 6-7 doubles on my tandem rig...lots of fun when you get  a 16" rock on one lure and a 16" blue on the other! Why no pictures?????????

On Friday, we were in the car at 6 AM with only a 20 minute drive to the ramp. I turned the key....nothing! Starter went bad. I thought that was it, no fishing. But some nice Faulkner mechanics took care of us and we were on the water before noon. I wish we didn't get the starter fixed so fast. Conditions were miserable! No rain but lots of wind and waves. We had taken some great advice from a couple of friends as to what to do and where to go but it was just impossible, 2-4 waves and wind all day. I will have to use their sage advice later.

Some people asked why we got out in less that nice conditions....well...I had the days off planned for months....apparently, I forgot to inform Mother Nature!

http://img137.imageshack.us/img137/1916/img0994us6.jpg

Ernie

Time to go fishin' again!

Board footer