Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 Apr-02-11 1:12PM

Ernie
Administrator

4-2-11, Potomac River (Pohick) report

I met Dan and his buddy Taylor at 0630 and we were on the water by 0720. We put in at Pohick. The river was flat calm, no wind, no waves. The air temp was chilly (38) and we got a few sprinkle but managed to stay dry....until the last inning.

This is my 2nd trip on the ride and I have yet run the trolling motor.....

http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj320/Kiko13PB/002-2.jpg

OK by me!

At 1st, we went looking for white perch. We found some nice marks a long with all the cormorants that are supposed to be at Fletcher's...never seen so many in one place! Unfortunately, I left my heavy metal box in the garage but that was no excuse since I did have a box of Silver Buddies which is what Taylor used to take the skunk out of the boat!

http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj320/Kiko13PB/001-4.jpg

Now we are on 'em!

Well, not really....we never did catch another one.

I was looking for some stripers but never did get as hit form my offerings. We used all artificials today.

We covered a lot of water at Greenway Flats and then realized only one other boat was fishing there. Hmmmm....last year, we fished with many friends, maybe 15 boats!

So we moved over to the VA shore and Dan expertly worked the trolling motor while I chilled.....I mean fished in the back.  Near Ft. Belvoir were 5-6 boats working the shoreline so we did the same. I think I got 1 blue gill bite.

Dan got us close to some nice docks when the familiar Osprey screeching began as we got close to the nest. I told Dan that he would soon be under attack.

http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj320/Kiko13PB/Osprey.jpg

Sometimes you just get lucky.

We finished the day near the ramp as the weather was threatening and sure enough, the wind and rain came down but in a few short minutes we had the boat our of the water.

I had a great time with Dan and Taylor despite the lack of fish.

Oh...the water temps was a steady 47 all day.

Time to go fishin' again!

#2 Apr-03-11 3:57PM

doberdog1

Re: 4-2-11, Potomac River (Pohick) report

Did anyone have a dream.  I been dreaming of catching those white perch.  And I been dreaming a lot of Mo's Cove at Solomons.  Just a little longer, just a little longer.  So that is what Dan looks like, its been a while.  I think his been sleeping the winter.

Mo

#3 Apr-04-11 5:14AM

Bryan
Patagonian Toothfish

Nice report, too bad the fishing wasn't a little better. The weather was confused on Saturday.

tight lines

#4 Apr-04-11 12:38PM

Dominion Dan
Patagonian Toothfish

No dreams Mo! I am aching for some white perch too! I'm not the only one who's been hibernating!

Board footer