Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 Mar-01-11 9:58AM

Salmo

Swim baits

Where is a good place with good prices on large swim baits?  Like the Kopplers Live target 5.5" or the Spro BBZ 8 inch or a sebile majic swimmer 8 inch or something else I havn't seen?  I know Thai is into the mega dollar baits.  I like em all and those convict bass on the full moon in April do too.

#2 Mar-01-11 6:09PM

buckshot
Northern Snakehead

Re: Swim baits

dicks

#3 Mar-01-11 7:14PM

Redfish12
Northern Snakehead
Website

I've gotten a few off Ebay lately. I like the magic swimmers but the big 165 size seems way too expensive. I've picked up a few 125s though and the one I had last year worked well, just change the hooks! Sebile hooks are terrible. They were bought by pure fishing, so who knows what will happen to them.

#4 Mar-01-11 8:16PM

redskinsfan360
Patagonian Toothfish

i found some good ones at tacklewarehouse.com

#5 Mar-02-11 4:23AM

Osprey
Patagonian Toothfish
Website

Salmo, Thai suggested swimbaitnation.com and it looks like they have some from your list

20' Key West..16' C-Hawk...Hobie Pro Angler...Hobie Outback

#6 Mar-02-11 5:45AM

AndrewDo124
Patagonian Toothfish

I'd second swimbaitnation or tacklewarehouse. I don't really see any "large" swimbaits at Dicks.

#7 Mar-02-11 10:05AM

Salmo

What big ones do they have at dicks.  I'm there all the time in Gaithersburg, MD and the pickings are slim.  Mostly 4 inch casitic stough, too small for my liking.  I'll check the other places out.  Sounds like just what I was looking for. 

BTW.. the large storm kicking minnow in 10 inch 8 inch and 6 inch are absolutely crap.  They have great action and great fish apeal but the lip and the hook fittings couldn't be any weaker.  The entire lip on three different lures came out when I just bumped bottom while trolling and or casting.  I've also had the hooks and rings completely rip out on a snag after not a whole lot of pressure.  I sure wouldn't want that happening on a decent fish.  Too bad too because they are cheap and have excellent action.

Board footer