Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 Feb-18-11 10:32AM

NOVAhunter
Northern Snakehead

Bay Bridge Stripers

It seems like a fair number of you head over to Annapolis to fish quite a bit. Do stripers stack up in the light line of the bay bridge the way they do the HRBT CBBT and MMT? If they do is it worth the trip?

#2 Feb-18-11 1:39PM

Redfish12
Northern Snakehead
Website

Re: Bay Bridge Stripers

Do you mean going now? I go over there a lot between March and December but not very often at night under the bay bridge. I fish from a kayak and that is big water to be out in at night. The road is also pretty high off the water and it doesn't cast as much light as you would think. I think the HRBT probably casts more light but I could be wrong as I've never gotten a chance to fish it. There are other bridges though that have good light lines in the area, also docklights or marinas will give the same effect on a smaller scale. Sometimes the fishing is on fire with baits getting crushed on the edges of the lights, sometimes there's nothing on them at all.

Are you fishing from a boat or a kayak?

#3 Feb-21-11 5:34AM

NOVAhunter
Northern Snakehead

Kayaking it.  I'll have to do a little more research for other bridges in the area.

#4 Mar-02-11 9:07PM

jjsports

I fish the bay bridge and the answer to your question is no. The bridge is set to high for light to be an issue, and there is a safety issue for a kayak . This is big water that can get nasty in a hurry

Board footer