Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 Nov-08-10 7:51AM

Ernie
Administrator

Another legend passes away......

In the early 80's, I  was introduced to the Wicomico River and Quades store by Carl Johnson.

I just learned that Alice M. Morgan Quade passed away last week at the age of 95! I remember meeting her, her family and all the locals that hung out at Quades Store. It never changed in the almost 30 years I visited. She made an incredible crab cake.

To Alice, I was "that boy from VA".

What a cool lady!

May she rest in Peace....

Her obituary is below:

Alice M. Morgan Quade died peacefully, surrounded by her beloved family, on November 3, 2010, at St. Mary's Hospital in Leonardtown. She was a life-long business owner and community member in the 7th District. She was born in Bushwood on January 15, 1915, the second of four children born to the late Eugene and Cora Morgan, living her entire life in Bushwood. Together with her husband George, they purchased what became Quade's Store at Bushwood in 1935, which is still in operation today. Alice watched the business of Quade's change from general merchandise brought in by steamboat, to a boat rental/general mer- chandise/snack bar establishment, and most recently, a restaurant/bar. In recognition of her long service to the community, Alice received many awards, including Merchant of the Century, St. Mary's County's Woman of the Year, and many proclamations and commendations from state and local government officials. Her life's loves were her family, her extended Quade's Store family and friends, and watching the sun set each day on the beautiful Wicomico River. Known as "Grandma" to many, she touched everyone who had the privilege of descending upon Bushwood Wharf over the last 75 years.

Alice is survived by her son George, Jr. and wife Diane; her daughter Eleanor Clarkson and husband Joe; six grandchildren and 10 great-grandchildren and many extended family members.

Time to go fishin' again!

#2 Nov-08-10 8:22AM

Osprey
Patagonian Toothfish
Website

Re: Another legend passes away......

95 is a good run, God bless her

20' Key West..16' C-Hawk...Hobie Pro Angler...Hobie Outback

Board footer