Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 Jul-05-10 10:13AM

Curly
Patagonian Toothfish

7-5-2010 - St. Andrews Lake, NC.......18 pound 10 oz Beast + PIC

Last day to fish and the big fishes had not been cooperating with me.  Went to the spot where I had lost the 8+ pounder last week and started cranking a chrome suspending rebel.  Fourth cast and it gets nailed.  It's a freight train! big_smile  I've only got 100 yards of 8 lb test line and this fish keeps taking line and smoking my drag sad .  I'm almost spooled and it makes a massive swirl on top about 80 yards out in the lake.  It's massive! I make up a little line and now it's swimming parallel to the shore........I walk the shoreline to keep up with it.  After about 20 minutes I make up about half my spool of line.  The fish is so strong that I wonder if I'll ever land it.  After endless runs, it begins to slow down and now it's a battle of nerves to get it to shore.  Finally, after about 55 minutes I get it up to the bank and lift her out.  I'm exhausted and so is the fish.  Put her on the scales and 18-10 is the weight.  No one around to take my photo holding the fish, so I lay it down on the ground for a photo. Photo below:
http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb119/cokeempire/FISH%20PICS%2010-08%20on/DSC02093.jpg
OK, it was a buffalo carp, but I didn't know it was not a bass until the last 5 minutes.  Still a big fish that I was wanting on this trip.........even though not the species I was after.  Buffalo carp do hit lures and even top water baits.

Put her back to be caught again.............. smile

Hell or High Water...........I'm Fishin!!   big_smile

#2 Jul-05-10 10:32AM

Ernie
Administrator

Re: 7-5-2010 - St. Andrews Lake, NC.......18 pound 10 oz Beast + PIC

Fantastic....nothing wrong with catchhing this monster!!!!

What a tug that must have been!

Time to go fishin' again!

#3 Jul-05-10 10:42AM

Curly
Patagonian Toothfish

Yeah, the backpack is 20" long and I "pinky-to-thumb" measured the fish to be 41".  I'll admit that I was a little disappointed when I realized it was a buffalo carp.........after a epic battle.......... tongue

Hell or High Water...........I'm Fishin!!   big_smile

#4 Jul-05-10 1:19PM

CozUF2001
Patagonian Toothfish
Website

So cruel with the posting, but I am sure it was equally cruel to realize it wasn't a bass. Nice, fun, catch!

If it were easy, they'd call it catching!

Board footer