Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 Apr-11-10 10:53AM

Curly
Patagonian Toothfish

DC Potomac Rockfish Success 4-11-10 + PIC

Got lines in the water at 5:45 am.  Was using fresh mullet, squid, and Gulp eels.  Only a blue cat to show by 6:30 on mullet sad .  Could not catch a herring to save my life.  Picked up Jeff English at Fletcher's at 7:30 and some fresh herring.  Got lines back in the water.  Jeff pulled in a turd roller and thing went silent for an hour.  Every boat from Fletcher's was on the water + about 15other private boats.  It was crowded.  We saw a friend pull in a 18-20" striper around 8:30.  Finally, at about 9:10 am, the usual rod goes off and is giving up line.  I'm up, so I bring a very fat 29" striper to the boat.  Yeah, and that's the MAN in his boat in the upper right.
http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb119/cokeempire/4-11-1029inrock.jpg
Only one more kitty after that and we called it a day a little after 11 am.  We never did catch a herring, nor did we see anyone else catch one either.  Maybe the herring will show up in force with more stripers next week.  Oh yeah, the DC Police boat checked me when I got down river on the way out.  He was nice, even though he did a safety check.

Hell or High Water...........I'm Fishin!!   big_smile

#2 Apr-11-10 1:48PM

Ernie
Administrator

Re: DC Potomac Rockfish Success 4-11-10 + PIC

Nice....way to stay with it.

I am actually glad they are checking up there. Hopefully they will hit the shore too.

Were you on the water the other day when the 3 DC Harbor cops raced up river?

Time to go fishin' again!

#3 Apr-11-10 2:11PM

Curly
Patagonian Toothfish

Pacemaker wrote:

Nice....way to stay with it.

I am actually glad they are checking up there. Hopefully they will hit the shore too.

Were you on the water the other day when the 3 DC Harbor cops raced up river?

Yeah, they are checking the shore............walking it in plain clothes.  Was not there when the 3 DC Harbor cops raced up river.

Hell or High Water...........I'm Fishin!!   big_smile

#4 Apr-14-10 9:31AM

AndrewDo124
Patagonian Toothfish

That's a nice chunky striper!!!!!!!!!!!

Board footer