Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 Apr-29-07 5:37PM

Ernie
Administrator

4-27-07, St. Marys WV fishing report

I bought my new boat from Jim Janes who lives in St. Marys WV, only 291 miles from where I live in Ashburn VA.

He, a buddy named Jay and his cousin, Don Johnson, went out to a lake which is approximately 5 mile east of Ellenboro WV...around 300 acres of water (that is a big lake). It's Catch and Release for on bass but you can keep all other fish.

here is what Jim said, " we went to the head waters of the lake and the river was in perfect shape and from brush pile to brush pile we caught fish (even a bass or two) and most of the time within a hour or two they stop...but we caught fish from 8:30AM till we left at 4:00PM... it was indeed a wonderful day of friendship and fishing...very few days like that one."

He added that, "over half of the fish were 6 1/2 to 7 1/2 inches long. Don would have the boat one place set-up to fish...Jay and I told him to move on the other side and we "deviled" him all day long! Don and I always have a lot of fun when we fish; as you do with your friends."

I later heard that Don and Jay went to Mountwood Lake (42 acres) and trolled for trout and caught 6. Apparently, they left Jim back because he had to mow grass. I have been to his place and he has a lot of grass to cut. I suspect it's a 1/2 day job each time it needs to be done.

As I get reports from Jim in the future, I will try  to get some pictures too.

Ernie

Time to go fishin' again!

Board footer