Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 Jun-20-09 5:04AM

Ernie
Administrator

6-20 Cedar

Got to fish for 50 minutes this morning before the big day, my youngest son's HS graduation.

I started with a buzz bait and got no love.

Then I threw a chaterbait and landed a punk.

I switched to a green zoom 4" ring stick and picked up a punk and a 1.2 pounder. I then switched to a Slug Go and got two more nice ones, the biggest at 1.5 pounds.

http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj320/Kiko13PB/IMGP0054.jpg

Time to go fishin' again!

#2 Jun-20-09 1:31PM

Ernie
Administrator

Re: 6-20 Cedar

Got out for 40 minutes after the festivities. Warm, muggy and windy was the order of the afternoon.

I caught  a punk and a 1.4 pounder on a blue Kinami bug until the 3rd one bit me off. I then threw a fluke but the wind was keeping it from sinking. I then switched to a fat blue ribbed curly tail whateveritis and finally landed my 1st lunker of the year!  cool

This one was just short of 20" and weighed 4.7 pounds.

http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj320/Kiko13PB/IMGP0055.jpg

http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj320/Kiko13PB/IMGP0056.jpg

I'll be back out tonight.

Btw, I was not fishing my normal spots but I was behind my house!

#3 Jun-20-09 5:56PM

Ernie
Administrator

Fished for 90 minutes tonight....very windy at 1st and then the wind calmed. I had 5 bites with 4 fish landed. Two of them were punks and the other two in the 15-16" range. The bite died when the wind died.

Ran in to bassman who was working on a skunk tongue  (hope he got a couple) and Coz who had 8-9 including a decent one right next to me.

Beautiful evening out there tonight!

#4 Jun-21-09 6:23AM

bassman
Northern Snakehead

I did manage to get the skunk off with a couple of dinks in the cove by your house, but it was not my night . . . Andrew + cousins combined for 22 LMB, with a couple in the 2lb range.

#5 Jun-21-09 8:29AM

Ernie
Administrator

Andrew is beginning to hone down his skills. I hope he can get a fishing club started at Briar Woods....

#6 Jun-21-09 5:42PM

bassman
Northern Snakehead

Pleased to report that he and Matt did get a faculty sponsor for the BWHS fishing club just before school let out . . . Coach Sheetz is the lacrosse coach, and an avid fisherman.  When school starts back up in the fall they'll work on a charter and recruitment.

#7 Jun-21-09 6:16PM

Ernie
Administrator

bassman wrote:

Pleased to report that he and Matt did get a faculty sponsor for the BWHS fishing club just before school let out . . . Coach Sheetz is the lacrosse coach, and an avid fisherman.  When school starts back up in the fall they'll work on a charter and recruitment.

Let me know if I can be of any help. I will put up a BWHS Fishing Club Index on the site once they get it finalized.

#8 Jun-22-09 1:19PM

Ernie
Administrator

I saw a group engulf Bigjeffie last night....they just don't know better. As well, I know a lot of these kids and they will fish right next to me...it's OK with me but I hope they are not doing it with others.

That trash is from the rain and wind. One good thing is that the contractor has a great trash crew. That stuff will be gone the next time they make their sweep.

#9 Jun-22-09 7:45PM

bigjeffie
Patagonian Toothfish

i have seen the groundsmen picking garbage out of the water

they do a good job on all the area.

it must cost the hoa a fortune to keep the joint up like that

Board footer