Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 Jun-04-09 6:12AM

Ernie
Administrator

Possible outing!

Please let me know if any club members (others too) might be interested in this. I do not have many details yet including a date.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The MD CCA is working on a tagging program at Chesapeak Bay Environmetal Center (CBEC) . It's 5 minutes from Kent Narrows (just on teh other side of teh Bay Bridge).

According to MD CCA Ex. Dir. Tony Friedrich, "we tag the fish caught directly over the reef balls.  They will teach us how to do it.  We all have to go to CBEC to get trained.  It will have to be on the same day.

He also said, " this shallow water (6ft or less) reef system (several hundred reef balls) has 5 million oysters and a nice fish population.  It's gorgeous too.  Just tag the fish and fill out the survey. This data will go into a paper that will ultimately change the landscape of the bay.
Shallow water reefs are viewed as nothing more than navigational hazards.  But, they are much more than that.  This is one of those rare opportunities to have fun....fish....and give back a little.  I think we could do a fly fishing day there as a group too.  In fact, I know we could.  The guys who can't tag (didn't get trained) can just do a survey."

Time to go fishin' again!

#2 Jun-04-09 9:29AM

redskinsfan360
Patagonian Toothfish

Re: Possible outing!

I thinks lots of guys would be interested....once you have the date I can let you know!

#3 Jun-04-09 2:32PM

rebellionnum54

Re: Possible outing!

heck yea im in

Board footer