Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 Apr-06-07 6:03PM

Ernie
Administrator

4-6-07, Potomac River report

Today, we were going to have a real cool day for fishing as Curly and I had a special guest on board. Joining us was Mike Price and he was going to film us fishing for the Shenandoah Valley Outdoors Cable Show. Pretty cool huh?

Sure, real cool....REAL COLD was more like it.

We picked Mike up at 0545 and headed on in to DC to fish up a t Fletcher's. On the way, we drove though snow! The wind was blowing 14-19 and the air temperature was 35 degrees. Perfect day for fishing….NOT!!

We ended up getting SKUNKED out (and half froze to death) on the river today.....very disappointing.

Curly and I fished our behinds off trying to get Mike some quality footage. He got lots of tips and fishing styles and even some great scenic shots but he got NO fish for the show. How can he air a show of a skunk? So, we will be left on the video floor as a failed attempt to catch fish.

We did have a positive end to the fishing. As we were heading back, there was a crew regatta going on around the Key Bridge. As we motored past one of the girl's eights, they were frantically waving at us. Surely they were not interested in flirting with three old guys. The trouble was that they had developed a leak and were taking on water. And that water is about 50 degrees….that’s cold!  Curly made two makeshift bailing instruments and threw them to the ladies so they could start getting rid of some of the water from the bottom of their hull. You see, Curly is very experienced at baling water as he was the one who bailed water for almost 2 hours when the old boat got cracked up on December 16.

We made a few phone calls and help arrived so we were relieved of our duties of standing by in case we needed to make a rescue. The crew team was very appreciative that we stood by them.

So….no show and no fish. We did invite Mike to go out with us another time….let’s hope he lets us redeem ourselves.

Oh….I almost forgot. One of things that is taboo on a boat is a banana. Most charter Captains will not let you on board if you have a banana on you. About ½ way through the day, Mike was cleaning out his pockets and what do I see? A banana peel!!

http://img398.imageshack.us/img398/9038/img1778ef2.jpg

He’s lucky we didn’t abandon him! But now he knows better.

We really enjoyed the day with Mike and there’s always “next time”!

Ernie

Time to go fishin' again!

#2 Apr-09-07 10:10AM

L1Ranger
Northern Snakehead

Re: 4-6-07, Potomac River report

I'd have marooned him with a a bottle of water, a bottle of powder a small arm and some shot and let him on his way.

bananas, hrumph!

hope the weather cooperates for you guys the next go around

now it's yesterday! roll
Ernie

#3 Apr-09-07 11:11AM

Ernie
Administrator

Josh,

Mike's good guy and has an Outdoors show in the Valley. He should hook up with you and do a smallie show!

ernie

#4 Apr-09-07 11:40AM

L1Ranger
Northern Snakehead

like they'd put my ugly mug on TV - it would be like one of those late night girls gone wild commercials, except the black box would be over my face!

now it's yesterday! roll
Ernie

#5 Apr-09-07 4:57PM

Ernie
Administrator

I can ask to get  it done if you want to do it. Might make for a neat show!

Ernie

#6 Apr-09-07 7:35PM

L1Ranger
Northern Snakehead

I'd be game, but I'd have stipulations...we can discuss one day on the water...preferably sooner than later wink

now it's yesterday! roll
Ernie

Board footer