Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 Mar-24-07 7:20PM

Ernie
Administrator

And now....the rest of the story (got the boat)!

Well....the boat saga has come to a conclusion.

It all started when my 19’ boat cracked up in December but it was a conversation with my good friend Denny that got this rolling. I told him about the boat and asked him if his good friend Ruben was still in the fishing business. Denny would mention to Ruben that I was looking for a Center Console and Ruben said he would "look around". A few weeks later he came back with a name (Dan) and I called him. Dan's marina is in S. Mary’s WV....that's almost 300 miles from my house. Furthermore, there are very few center Consoles in that area. But Dan knew that Jim Janes had a 21' Hydra Sports for sale so he gave me the contact info.

I corresponded with Jim by phone and then by email and he told me every thing there was to know about his boat. He said that it was in EXCELLENT shape. That got me thinking as I was looking around for boats and I finally decided to make the 5+ hour trip to look at the boat. I arrived at Jim’s house at 9:45 AM and there was Jim and his cousin Don waiting for me, standing right next to the covered boat (it had just finished raining). We talked for a few minutes and Don and Jim proceeded to take the cover off the boat.

I could not believe what I saw when that cover came off. The boat looked like it had just come off a showroom floor. Here is a boat that was built in 2000 and it looked better than anything you will see in a showroom. I was stunned!

We took the boat to the marina for a compression test and everything checked out. The marina owners also confirmed something that I already knew....Jim Janes had taken incredible care of this boat and it was in TOP NOTCH condition. It could not have looked any better.

All I know is that the 5 hour 15 minute trip home went by in a flash. I was like a little kid with a new toy.  All I could think about was all the fishing trips we were going to take with it.

I do know this, Jim and his cousin Don have an open invitation to fish with me any time they are in the DC area!

Now....it's time to go fishing!

Here is a sneak look at the boat with Bev at the helm!

http://img108.imageshack.us/img108/9648/hydrasportud9.jpg

Ernie

Time to go fishin' again!

#2 Mar-25-07 11:05AM

Ernie
Administrator

Re: And now....the rest of the story (got the boat)!

1st day on the water should be this Friday!

Ernie

#3 Apr-01-07 4:19AM

Ernie
Administrator

Went out both Friday and Saturday. Boat rides like a dream. It's roomy, comfortable, fishable.....nice!

Ernie

http://img76.imageshack.us/img76/5369/img1764un9.jpg

#4 May-07-07 5:18PM

Ernie
Administrator

I took the new boat to D & S today to get a check up and to have some things installed (since I am not very mechanically inclined due to lack of time). When I dropped it off, it was right next to the old Pacemaker. I wish I had my digital camera with me. What a difference! It's like going from Single A ball to the Majors!

Ernie

Board footer