Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 Apr-04-09 1:35PM

Ernie
Administrator

Spring cleaning!

Since I couldn't go fishing today, I decided to go through all my stuff and weed out some of what I don't use. So...I have 30 partial bags (mostly full) of soft plastics (bass stuff) that I am willing to donate to the BRHSFC.

Mr. President, how do you want to handle this?

Time to go fishin' again!

#2 Apr-04-09 5:42PM

redskinsfan360
Patagonian Toothfish

Re: Spring cleaning!

I am up for suggestions.  The only idea I have is to give a bag to each member and then use the rest as giveaways to people who go to meetings and trips.  Let me know want you think because as I said I am up for any ideas.

#3 Apr-04-09 6:50PM

Dominion Dan
Patagonian Toothfish

I also have a ton of plastics and some hardbaits that could use a good home. If you're interested let me know and I will organize and package them up to bring with me the next time I come home. Maybe I can meet up to fish with some of you Ashburn folks and drop them off with you or someone who can pass them along.

#4 Apr-04-09 6:57PM

Ernie
Administrator

redskinsfan360 wrote:

The only idea I have is to give a bag to each member and then use the rest as giveaways to people who go to meetings and trips.

Good idea....if DD gives the club some of his stuff as well, it could be part of this.

You could always split up the goods and give each member a few unique pieces.

#5 Apr-04-09 6:58PM

Ernie
Administrator

Dominion Dan wrote:

Maybe I can meet up to fish with some of you Ashburn folks and drop them off with you or someone who can pass them along.

You're invited...let me know when you will be coming to fish!!

#6 Apr-04-09 10:54PM

Dominion Dan
Patagonian Toothfish

Will do, Ernie. I will be home for Easter weekend. I'll let you know once I figure out what the plans are with the family. I'm thinking it will most likely be Saturday morning/afternoon.

Now I have to get organizing all my extra stuff!

#7 Apr-05-09 12:23PM

redskinsfan360
Patagonian Toothfish

Dominion Dan wrote:

I also have a ton of plastics and some hardbaits that could use a good home. If you're interested let me know and I will organize and package them up to bring with me the next time I come home. Maybe I can meet up to fish with some of you Ashburn folks and drop them off with you or someone who can pass them along.

That would be much appreciated.  I will not however be around ashburn much this weekend to fish the av lakes.

#8 Apr-05-09 8:06PM

Dominion Dan
Patagonian Toothfish

Ok, I will try to drop them off with Ernie and have him pass them along if that's ok with him.

Ernie, as of now I am aiming to go fishing this Saturday morning/afternoon. Do you have time to show me around some AV ponds and catch some fish or at least enough time to meet so I can drop my extra stuff off with you?

#9 Apr-06-09 5:55AM

CozUF2001
Patagonian Toothfish
Website

Considering the amount of tackle, you may want to organize prizes for the various fishing excursions. A little competition with rewards never hurts.

Here are some competitions you could try in the meantime outside of your tournaments and through the end of school:

1. Biggest fish - by length or weight - pictured required
2. Most fish in a single day
3. Most fish starting on April 12 through the end of school

You could limit the waters to those in the area such as AV lakes, Beaverdam, and Goose Creek/Potomac. The honor system would be required, but it could be a good way to get more participation on the forum and interest in the benefits of spring fishing.

If it were easy, they'd call it catching!

#10 Apr-06-09 5:56AM

CozUF2001
Patagonian Toothfish
Website

When I first saw spring cleaning, I actually thought about "cleaning". I think a great eco-friendly/conservation activity would be to have a trash pick up project around the AV Lakes. Considering the amount of wind we have had, a lot of junk has accumulated on the east ends of the lakes.

This could be done by the BRHSFC or other similar group. Thoughts?

If it were easy, they'd call it catching!

#11 Apr-06-09 1:42PM

redskinsfan360
Patagonian Toothfish

Both of your ideas are great ones and I will look into both of them!

Board footer