Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 Mar-09-09 11:12AM

redskinsfan360
Patagonian Toothfish

WV Trip, March 21st-22nd

Me, Brandon, Daniel, Ethan, John,  Patrick, Matt

Adults: My dad and Josh Turner

Here is the plan.  Let me know asap if you have any questions.  If your name is on this then we think that you are going and this means that you need to tell me if you can no longer go.

Elk Springs Fly Lodge
http://www.elkspringsflyshop.com/

My dad is driving us and you will need to be at my house by at the latest 7 45am to load up so we can leave at 8am.  We will fish all day Sat and Sun moring,  We will leave Sun at 12ish.

You Need WV licenses.  These can be purchashed from the WV DNR website. 

You'll need a trout stamp, Conservation stamp, and Fishing license. You can either get an annual fishing license (if you plan on fishing in west virginia again) or you can get one day fishing license (you'd have to get 2 one day licenses, one for saturday and one for sunday)

Bring:

20 to 30 bucks for lodging, depends on the total number of people. Money for flies is a good idea, but bring what you have and me an others that are helping will have some as well.

Fly rods, up to 6 wt and spinning rods up to Medium power.  basic trout lures, inline spinners, rapalas up to 3 inches, trout magnet jigs, etc.  If anybody doesn't have this stuff, bring what they do have.  I'll have extra rods and stuff and we will make sure that everybody has a good time. 

Waders will be a big help if you have them, especially if fly fishing.  I'll bring my extra stuff.

Clothes - dress for the weather, it can be chilly over there, it might be rainy, it could even snow, hard to tell at this point, but be ready for anything.  The good news is, we can always head back to the lodge/restaurant/fly shop to warm up or get out of the weather.  Bring backups!  if you fall in, you wanna make sure you can go back and change and keep fishing.

Snacks and drinks is a good idea.  they have a restaurant with burgers, steaks, chicken, etc - they can also do buffet style dinners and such.  We can do dinner at the rest., but the lodges also have kitchen areas if people wanna bring their own food.  Each individual can do what they want, or we can do it as a group and bring some burgers and dogs and put them on the grill.  lots of options.

Everybody should plan on being prepared on their own, but if somethign happens and they are missing something or forget something, we will help them out as best we can.  I don't expect anybody to go out and buy a bunch of stuff that they'll never use again or puts a strain on the bank account.  It's all about having fun with friends and (hopefully, lol) catching a few fish.

Of course theres basic stuff like toiletries, etc...but I'm sure we all know that.

Might bring somethign to keep us occupied in the evening, some cards or board games or whatever.

Last edited by redskinsfan360 (Mar-15-09 8:31AM)

#2 Mar-09-09 12:55PM

bigfoot

Re: WV Trip, March 21st-22nd

I dont see my name!  I belive I should also be under adults!  Also I believe Brett is not coming because he is like raising money or something like that for that place in South America he went last year.

https://www.wvfish.com/wizard/hflw000.asp

working is for those who don't fish

#3 Mar-09-09 1:02PM

redskinsfan360
Patagonian Toothfish

My bad.

#4 Mar-09-09 1:17PM

Ernie
Administrator

Brett has to raise a couple of grand for his trip to Nicaragua in Central America. They go to an orphanage to help out for a week.

Time to go fishin' again!

#5 Mar-09-09 4:31PM

rebellionnum54

cant go im goin to odu

#6 Mar-23-09 4:25PM

vaangler
Website

Hope You Guys had a Great Time .. Cant Wait to see some Pics
~VAANGLER~

Last edited by vaangler (Mar-23-09 5:09PM)

#7 Mar-23-09 6:00PM

redskinsfan360
Patagonian Toothfish

We did!  It was a great trip and We hope to do it again!  Post to come tomorrow!!!!

Board footer