Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 Mar-08-09 2:58PM

Ernie
Administrator

3-8-09, Cedar Lake fish catching report + pic

OK...so I only caught 2 blue gills but they were my 1st Cedar Lake fish of 2009!!

I was using my 6 wt fly rod with a tandem fly set up and a strike indicator (bobber). The 1st fish hit the bottom fly and put up a good fight...he was not big....

http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj320/Kiko13PB/IMGP1399.jpg

He was caught behind my neighbors house.

The 2nd fish which I did not take a picture of, was much bigger and put up a nice fight. He hit the dropper fly. It was great to take a 2+ long skunk off!

I went out later with my spinning rod but had no takers on a dark whacky worm.

Time to go fishin' again!

#2 Mar-08-09 4:18PM

buzzbait

Re: 3-8-09, Cedar Lake fish catching report + pic

I've got a report as well............just don't know what the lake is called.  It's the smaller of the two along Ashburn Village Blvd (very large one on the right).  My wife and two girls wanted to get outside......I convinced them to take a walk around the pond while I tossed a jig and pig (blue/black with blue pork pig).  Fourth cast I hooked up with a 1 1/4 lb bass, he inhaled the jig and put up a good fight for cold water.  Fished about 30 minutes in total and only touched about 20-30 yards of the shoreline, caught 2 and missed one.  Both were 1 1/4 healthy bass.

I haven't fished for bass since moving to VA (5 years).   Funny to see the faces on my 2 and 4 year old when I pulled the bass out of the water literally minutes after we parked the car.  It was a lot of fun for such a short time and it reminded me that there is nothing better than that distinctive jig bite in early spring.......actually I was so suprised on the first bite I almost forgot to set the hook!

#3 Mar-08-09 4:37PM

Ernie
Administrator

Nicely done.....I am sure the girls think you are a pro now......glad to see the bass starting to move around!!

#4 Mar-08-09 5:08PM

redskinsfan360
Patagonian Toothfish

Matt and I fished for an hour at 6 and did not catch any.  We then went to my house and practiced fly fishing with my rod.

Last edited by redskinsfan360 (Mar-08-09 5:08PM)

#5 Mar-08-09 6:12PM

Osprey
Patagonian Toothfish
Website

redskinsfan360 wrote:

We then went to my house and practiced fly fishing with my rod.

Say it ain't so Redskinsfan. When I met you I thought you had great potential, now it seems that Darth Rojas is turning you toward the dark side.  hmm

20' Key West..16' C-Hawk...Hobie Pro Angler...Hobie Outback

#6 Mar-08-09 7:08PM

bigfoot

haha my fly line fell apart when i got home have to order new stuff but to bad we got skunked i believe I'm going on 3 months of no fish

working is for those who don't fish

#7 Mar-08-09 7:13PM

Ernie
Administrator

Here is a place for cheap lines and leaders until you get the hang of it: http://www.sierratradingpost.com/d/2249 … Reels.html

#8 Mar-08-09 7:15PM

bigfoot

oh and there was a few cases of beer in the cove by the road of beach and a few cans and looked like oil floating on the water

oh thanks mr Rojas

working is for those who don't fish

#9 Mar-08-09 7:17PM

Ernie
Administrator

bigfoot wrote:

oh and there was a few cases of beer in the cove by the road of beach and a few cans and looked like oil floating on the water

I will send that info in to Mark of AVHOA....thanks!

Board footer