Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 Mar-07-09 3:51PM

Paul Naj
Northern Snakehead

Susquehanna Fishing Tackle

If you guys are ever traveling through PA and anywhere near Lancaster, I strongly recommend a stop at Susquehanna Fishing Tackle. It's not a big shop but it is packed with a great selection of quality freshwater gear specializing in LMB and SMB. The owners name is George and he has an amazing crew of knowledgeable guys working there. Their service is excellent.

I stopped in recently and picked up a Powell crankbait rod, a St Croix spinning rod for fishing flukes and several handfulls of new lures. I found them last year when in search of the Sebile Magic Swimmer. They are online at http://sfttackle.com/ and all I can say is that they service their website better than the big guys. I placed several orders with them last season and everything arrived within 2 days. One order I place on a Monday morning and it was at my door Tuesday afternoon and I only paid for UPS ground shipping.

After standing around Bass Pro and Cabelas not knowing where to turn and (other than two occassions) getting little help from people who didn't fish that much, it's so nice to have an old school shop only a 2 or so hours away. I've heard the same for Greentop and can't wait to get down there. I'm gonna need a bigger kayak soon wink

#2 Mar-08-09 8:51AM

Ernie
Administrator

Re: Susquehanna Fishing Tackle

I have heard that these guys are good....just like Greentop. i wish we had one of them close by. Hmmmm...maybe that's my next career!!

For a kayak, I hear that Appomattox River Co. in Farmville VA is the place to go. Josh or Pete can fill us in on more info, I think he is familiar with the place.

http://www.paddleva.com/

Time to go fishin' again!

#3 Mar-08-09 12:48PM

bmp

ARC is THE place to buy a yak. They have a website that google pops up. Before you buy anywhere else, you have to call them. They can often match you to a boat you'll like based on a phone call, and their price WILL be much lower than anywhere else. They're the largest canoe and kayak store in the country.

I've never had a bad experience with them. They've sold me three yaks, and patched holes in two for me.

Their main store is in Farmville, VA, but they also have stores in Chesterfield (Richmond) and Newport News.

bmp
Although they aren't real, the voices in my head have good ideas

#4 Mar-21-09 10:53PM

Dominion Dan
Patagonian Toothfish

I have stopped by SFT's booths at some fishing shows. They have some great stuff. They also have a great website with some good deals every once in a while.

Last edited by Dominion Dan (Mar-21-09 10:53PM)

Board footer