Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 Dec-28-08 4:06PM

doberdog1

Fishing Occoquan on 12-27-08, in search of the yellow perch

On 12-27-08 we took two boats out in Occoquan for the first time for me.  In one boat it was me, my dad and Carl, in the other boat it was my father in law, brother in law and my brother.  We started going left of the pier about 5 minutes when the fish finder started picking up schools of fish.  My dad took the skunk out our boat with a 14 inch bass on a minnow (all fish were caught on minnows).  Than my father in law took the skunk out of their both with an 18 inch bass.  There were definitely lots of boaters out, most of the looking and catching bass.  The first three or so hours were tough for me and Carl because we were supposed to know what we were doing (especially Carl), so once the other both caught two more 11 inch crappies, the trash talking started.  I listen to Carl and said nothing, he said the rule is you can’t talk until you catch fish.  I finally started my fish catching with a small crappie, and again I got teased because they said I can use it as a minnow.  So about 10 minutes later I caught a 12 inch fat crappie.  Lets say I didn’t get teased anymore.  Carl caught the biggest crappie of the day which was 13 incher.  Overall our both caught about 5 bass, 10 crappie, and a small yellow perch.  Occoquan was a great experience but it was not fish heaven (Solomons).  Oh ya, the other boat did not catch anymore fish after the 2 crappie and the bass.

Man I miss my white perch(3-4 months left)

Mo

#2 Dec-28-08 4:46PM

Ernie
Administrator

Re: Fishing Occoquan on 12-27-08, in search of the yellow perch

Very nice guys....catching a few fish in late December is ALWAYS a bonus! Email me your pictures if you got any.

Time to go fishin' again!

Board footer