Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 Dec-16-08 6:17PM

Bass Hunter
Northern Snakehead

Double jig presentation

Curly,

I've seen you tie a double jig presentation in the past. Is it difficult to tie? Also, do you get better results with this method?

#2 Dec-17-08 7:49AM

CozUF2001
Patagonian Toothfish
Website

Re: Double jig presentation

This is what I used the other day and it is quite simple. Simply tie on your first jighead with about 12in of line remaining below it. Then tie the next jighead on and snip the excess line. You can space them out as you like.

It is very similar in concept to tying a drop shot rig where the weight is suspended below the hook, but on the same line and without a swivel or leader.

http://fishing.about.com/od/basicfishin … opshot.htm

If it were easy, they'd call it catching!

#3 Dec-20-08 9:17AM

redskinsfan360
Patagonian Toothfish

What colors are you guys using for crappie?

#4 Dec-20-08 10:07AM

Bass Hunter
Northern Snakehead

Charlie,

I've been using minnow and shad colored in clear water to match the hatch. For days when the water is stained, I use the chartreuse color. White works too. The key is that Crappie like some colors over others on diffrent days. I try to work different colors when I dont get bites on a certain color.

I've been having alot of luck lately fishing w/o a boober and going by feel, just like fishing for bass. Easier to detect bites that way.

#5 Dec-20-08 11:32AM

Bass Hunter
Northern Snakehead

CozUF2001 wrote:

This is what I used the other day and it is quite simple. Simply tie on your first jighead with about 12in of line remaining below it. Then tie the next jighead on and snip the excess line. You can space them out as you like.

It is very similar in concept to tying a drop shot rig where the weight is suspended below the hook, but on the same line and without a swivel or leader.

http://fishing.about.com/od/basicfishin … opshot.htm

Patrick - thanks for the feedback and link! I appreciate it.

#6 Dec-20-08 11:42AM

CozUF2001
Patagonian Toothfish
Website

NP - BTW, I use white grubs on 1/16 oz jigheads and ALL of my fish have come on the top of the two jigheads.

If it were easy, they'd call it catching!

Board footer