Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 Nov-03-06 5:47PM

Ernie
Administrator

11-3-06, Washington Channel

Same results as the last reports....different cast of characters!

Earlier this week, I got a call from Dennis Fleming and he wanted to know where this great striper fishing spot is that Curly and I have been hammering lately. I had no problems in giving him the precise location as it is rarely fished (I monitor it every day since I can see it out my office window). He also invited me to go along but I could not get out of some meetings that I had scheduled.

So he and Phil Angle fought through the DC area traffic and put in art Gravely Point and headed in to the Washington Channel. It was a nice sunny but cold and windy morning!. The tide was outgoing and with strong west winds, the channel was as loe as it ever gets.

They were fishing for a few minutes when I spotted them out of my office window so I decided to call Dennis for a report. He said they had one knockdown but that was it. I inquired about their choice of lures and then I decided it was time for another striper meeting. So down to the Channel I went!

Dennis and Phil picked me up at Hains Point and I brought along a couple of the Rebel broken backs that have been so successful in the Channel. We proceeded to troll for a few minutes and I stared to get nervous since we got no hits on the 1st pass. But we came back through and Dennis, who had the rod in his hand, yelled out "fish on”. I was very relieved when we netted a very nice 26" striper. Not a bad start.

A few minutes later, another rod went down and Phil had a nice 21incher.

My meeting ended after an hour and we tallied four striper which were all keepers (26, 22, 21, 20), not bad....4 for 4!

I went back to my warm office and kept wondering how Phil and Dennis did after I left.

Maybe they will tell us!

Ernie

Time to go fishin' again!

#2 Nov-04-06 8:56AM

Ernie
Administrator

Re: 11-3-06, Washington Channel

This is the reply from Dennis Fleming, who I met out on the water on the 3rd:

"First & foremost, many thanks to the KIKO Guide Service that made it all possible!!  Without you Ernie, it would have been a bust !!  When you left with your secret lures so did the fish.  Phil caught 1 beautiful catfish that was almost as pretty as a trout, I lost 2 lures and called it a day. We tried Silver Buddies over top a massive school of fish with no bites so I will guess they were shad.

I enjoyed the outing, truly something different and a very refined system for a particular fishing hole. Thanks again for sharing Captain Ernie, Keeper of the Channel! Dennis"

#3 Jul-13-12 8:51AM

Ernie
Administrator

Re: 11-3-06, Washington Channel

Board footer