Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 Apr-18-24 1:17PM

Osprey
Patagonian Toothfish
Website

4-18-24 "O"

The unofficial goal is always to best Ernie by 1 fish.

https://i.imgur.com/tyTdgHj.jpeg

It started off well First cast @ 6:50 and third cast landed first shad. The bite wasn't fast and furious, but pretty good. By 8:30 had landed 18 with some good sized moms to be. Then they all went to sleep. Landed just 5 more over the next 4 hours. I had enough, so it was lunch time at Brickmaker's. 

https://i.imgur.com/5esyFBr.jpeg

Ernie posted 45 shad for their trip yesterday, so maybe.... Not to be, of those 45 Ernie  caught 33.  Oh well, there's always next time.  smile

Ernie has the before and after pics if he wants to post them. He's been missing the sunrises so far this year

20' Key West..16' C-Hawk...Hobie Pro Angler...Hobie Outback

#2 Apr-18-24 4:17PM

drxfish
Patagonian Toothfish

Re: 4-18-24 "O"

Glad to see you are still catching them.  Too bad the numbers are missing.  I might miss this year.  Just got my boat and not set up 100%.  First smallie trip tomorrow.  Hope they are not in full spawn yet.

Always wishin' I was fishin'

#3 Apr-18-24 5:24PM

Ernie
Administrator

They are starting earlier and leaving faster than before. mad

Fletcher's still has some good activity but I am sure the biomass is greater.

Was that dog good? I talked to Dennis and he says they are still trying to chase down the Johnsonville Brats. Their supplier stopped carrying them.

Time to go fishin' again!

#4 Apr-18-24 7:24PM

Osprey
Patagonian Toothfish
Website

Hot dog lands in the middle between brat and kielbasa. Might have been a little past done, but still better than the kielbasa.

20' Key West..16' C-Hawk...Hobie Pro Angler...Hobie Outback

#5 Apr-19-24 4:56AM

backtofuturetoyota
Patagonian Toothfish

That's an early and welcomed sunrise.  I bet it was a little chilly on the water too.  No matter the day, whenever I see the plates of food....it just sounds like a good day of fishing. hahahaha.  I too have not got my boat on the water yet, but it's ready to go for the season.  This year I need to have a cover made for it and add the name "tramp stamp."
My kayak is ready to go now per my preference and for now I'm going without electronics.  Maybe for the winter time I'll add something to help locate colder water crappie or something.  But I'm ready to go!  Think I'll try to go sunday local to get comfortable with the set up before hitting the "O" or elsewhere.

#6 Apr-20-24 4:14AM

hookup
Patagonian Toothfish

Sometimes you're the fly.  Sometimes you're the windshield.  Good news is you got out and caught fish and rewarded yourself with some fine food

#7 Apr-20-24 9:19AM

Oubassman
Northern Snakehead

That's a good day!!!

Board footer