Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 Nov-24-23 6:05PM

drxfish
Patagonian Toothfish

Flack Friday 11/24/23

I was looking at the rising water and weather temps and figured today might be a good day to get out.  I did not want to take the canoe out solo, so I asked my grandson Emerson if he wanted to go and he said yes.  I agreed to pick him up in Leesburg at 8:30am and we had to come back to load the canoe and gear at my place.  I picked up some breakfast at McD's and then thought we should just check the ramp before loading everything up since we were nearby.

The water was up, but I was surprised that there were no sticks, logs or debris on the ramp and the water looked stained, but greenish.  I was excited to see that.  We came back to my house and loaded up the canoe and gear.  I had him try on a waterproof jacket I had when I saw he just had a sweatshirt and flannel shirt.  It fit and came in handy.

When we got back to the ramp, it was more brownish stained and there were sticks starting to accumulate there.  The wind was picking up and it was chilly.  We launched and it was around 10:50am when we started.  I had planned to stay close due to the faster water and forecasted wind.  Our first stop was near where I was fishing from shore over the Summer.  We tried mainly tubes and a jig, but there was way too much grass and leaves that accumulated on the line and lures every cast.  That was kind of the story.  We tried a couple other spots and closer to shore in what we hoped would be eddies.  No bites.  We tried a Big TRD and I even threw an underspin a few casts.  We called it and were back at the ramp by 1:15pm.

There was only one other boat out.  They went out in the morning and passed us when they came back downstream around 12:30pm.  At least the higher water might wash some of the dead grass out.  Nice to get out on the water with Emerson.

Always wishin' I was fishin'

#2 Nov-25-23 4:51AM

Ernie
Administrator

Re: Flack Friday 11/24/23

For a second, I thought someone gave you some riff.

Good that you guys got out on the water.

Time to go fishin' again!

#3 Nov-25-23 5:52AM

drxfish
Patagonian Toothfish

Re: Flack Friday 11/24/23

Ernie wrote:

For a second, I thought someone gave you some riff.

Good that you guys got out on the water.

The only interactions we had were from people pointing us out to their kids from the shore.  LOL

Always wishin' I was fishin'

Board footer