Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 Nov-12-23 7:19PM

Oubassman
Northern Snakehead

Thursday smallie float

George and I met up on Thursday for a kayak float on a stretch where there was actually some water in the river.  It's amazing how low the rivers are this year, as I've never seen them this low.  Weather was supposed to to be decent but a cold front was coming so we were hoping for some decent action. 

Between the two of us, we had a variety of lures to try.   Of course George struck first a little bit below the start with this chunky.smallie that hit the old reliable weightless senko.  Fish was holding right up under a ledge according to George.
https://images2.imgbox.com/e6/3c/HZbdQBJP_o.jpg

We spent some time at a good looking winter area next with George landing a few more fish before that and me still battling a skunk.  I switched over to the senko but on a light slider jighead and got a few hits but it still wasn't the ticket.  After George face me a few of his hooks and I switched to weightless set up, I managed to get the skunk out of the kayak with a little guy. We hit the halfway spot with the weightless senko being the ticket.  I managed to land my biggest at 16.5"  that hit the senko right on top.
https://images2.imgbox.com/ea/14/YA16sA5c_o.jpg

We each managed to catch a few more smallies by the end of the float, primarily on the weightless fluke. I did manage to land a few on a small Z man swimbait.  I did get a double whammy when a fish broke me off rubbing the line against ledge rock,, with a Lucky Craft herkbait in it's mouth. 🤬🤬🤬

It was a great time on the river and we both caught some fish.  Even the smaller ones were chunky from feeding up.

#2 Nov-13-23 5:29AM

Ernie
Administrator

Re: Thursday smallie float

Well done fellas!

Time to go fishin' again!

#3 Nov-13-23 5:44AM

hookup
Patagonian Toothfish

What a beautiful day! 

Active fish, no dragging over ledges, eagles flying high and a great fishing buddy.

Until the end of the trip.  Unloading gear and got a treble stuck in my left hand's middle finger.  It was past the barb.  Decided to try to jank it out manly man style and succeeded.  Must have hit a vein because blood spurted 3-4" in the air - that was good because I learned to let it bleed to try to avoid infection.  Wrapped the finger in a napkin and held the hand over my head while applying pressureto stop the bleeding.  Wrapped it in sterile gauge held down with medical tape.  When I got home, soaked it in hydrogen peroxide and all's good.  Nasty bruise but that went away in a couple days.

Will be going through my first aid kit this week and upgrading or replacing anything needed

Last edited by hookup (Nov-13-23 5:44AM)

#4 Nov-13-23 6:14AM

Ernie
Administrator

Ah...I love treble hooks! Good job on the surgery and post op.

Time to go fishin' again!

#5 Nov-13-23 11:03AM

Oubassman
Northern Snakehead

That may or may not have been one of the trouble hooks on a jerk bait tied to one of my rods 😢. I saw it happen and felt horrible

#6 Nov-13-23 12:14PM

drxfish
Patagonian Toothfish

Nice fishing!  Getting hooked sux.

Always wishin' I was fishin'

#7 Nov-14-23 12:21PM

hookup
Patagonian Toothfish

Oubassman wrote:

That may or may not have been one of the trouble hooks on a jerk bait tied to one of my rods 😢. I saw it happen and felt horrible

Don't worry.  My Stihl blower kicked and gave me a good gash on the other hand.  Good news is that I heal fast

Board footer